• Saturday afternoon

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Sunday morning

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Sunday afternoon

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone up for a ScubaBoard Meet & Greet?

Answer the poll so I know when most are available, and Ill try to get us some room at a local restaurant.

Any suggestions are greatly welcome! :D

Great! It will be good to see what folks look like without their dive masks. Weeknights are the best. Weekends are for diving...unless you hold it at the lake. Maybe at the Pleasant Harbor Marina since a lot of folks dive the Vista Point area. Or maybe have a "Bring Your Own Stuff" cookout on the county side.

I'm up for it. Anytime is good for me. :D

Hmmm. I cant control it much, because there is already a lil $5.00 cover charge entrance for a comedy show, but anyone up for:

The Detour
6403 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ, 85226

If so, I will go early and put a couple tables together. Meet up at 6:30pm

They usually have a guy singing and playing the guitar, than the open mic comedy show starts around 8ish.

Like I said, $5.00 cover. If you dont want to pay a cover, we can schedule somewhere else.

I will plan a bigger event in the near future that is more organized, but let me know if this works for now.

Great idea and nice of you to make an effort to put something together. It would be nice to meet more local divers who actually like to dive locally or otherwise. My only suggestion would be to find a location somewhat central to the valley. Driving to Chandler is like driving to another state for us peeps in the Northwest part of the valley.

mg

I am definitely up for meeting everyone on here, but during the week tends to be difficult for me due to family oligations...WHat about the option of Friday or Saturday evenings?

Anyone up for a ScubaBoard Meet & Greet?

Answer the poll so I know when most are available, and Ill try to get us some room at a local restaurant.

Any suggestions are greatly welcome! :D

Sounds like a good idea!!! I am good on a Thursday or Friday if I am not night diving!!! :D

May be like someone said we could meet in Tempe or somewhere more central at a nice pizza place or some place like that....All though I don't know that I would feel bad for those of you up in the north valley just a stones throw from the lake as we have to drive that distance all the time!!! LOL...... :wink:

Okay, Does the night of the 20th work for you guys? Possibly Tempe MarketPlace. Pretty centralized with easy access to the 101 and 202 freeways.

Ill see if I can find a place with a later than 6 happy hour. Possibly Dave & Busters/Cadillac Ranch, for example.

Ill post more info and details later. Just keep me posted with ideas/thoughts/ suggestions.

I wouldn't consider Tempe to be a centralized location. But I live in NW Glendale.

What you may want to do is find out where people would be generally coming from (not where they live necessarily, often it's where they work) and pick a freeway convenient location.

We did a couple years ago in AZScuba and settled on the area from Central east to about 40th St. from about Glendale to Thomas. Most of our meetings end up in the Biltmore area - lots of options and close to the 101 or SR43. Regulars to our Thursday night monthly live in Glendale, Litchfield Park, Tempe, South Mtn., NE Phoenix and Scottsdale.

We've found that the longer the meeting runs, the more likely people will show up. But there's only a small (8-10 out of 200) core group that does usually anyway.

We've tried locations in the far Northwest Vally/Peoria (Monastery in Peoria) and the East Valley (A bar(?) in Mesa and a brewpub in Chandler) but attendence was dismal. The few(literally) people who showed lived close by.

For some it was a combination of the drive time and traffic, two people mentioned that it would take over an hour and a half to cross town - especially at 5-6PM. So 2-3hrs r/t for a 3 hr. meeting didn't make a lot of sense.

my .02

Last edited:
It looks like most people can do it on a weekday evening. I agree with Dave and Buster's in Tempe. But that place is crazy on the weekends so a weekday would work a lot better, at least for me. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom