• Saturday afternoon

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Sunday morning

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Sunday afternoon

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....All though I don't know that I would feel bad for those of you up in the north valley just a stones throw from the lake as we have to drive that distance all the time!!! LOL...... :wink:

Hey Ron:

I am just trying to do my part to offset your "carbon footprint" from all that driving you do back and forth to Pleasant :D. O.K. maybe the 10 minute drive to the lake has made me lazy to the point that I don't want to drive half way to Tuscon just to talk about diving. But you all are good people and I would be willing to burn a half a tank of diesel to do it:lotsalove:.

mg

Maybe we should see were the majority of people that are interested are located and then pick a place based on that.
Dave and Busters in Tempe works for me. I'm in the east valley. Friday evening sounds good if it is going to be a weekday.

Walker, your signature is key for this post! Im sorry for trying to organize this. Those who live in Surprise, Im sorry you have to drive so far, as well as those in Queen Creek, Anthem, etc.

However for everyone to get together, is going to be tough, and as opposed to holding events for those in the east or west valley, I'd like to coordinate one for a generalized area. I live in N Phoenix, and will be driving 30-40 mins to get to Tempe Marketplace, but for a once in awhile occurance, Im willing to do it.

We can talk about scuba, sports, or anything in general, but it's a way to get off the computer and in person! I'm planning for Sept 20th at Tempe Marketplace. Say 6 oclock.

If you'd like to join me, let me know, so I can ensure I have enough room set up. And I will post where Ill be in a few days.

Also, sorry for being such a stinker.

Walker, your signature is key for this post! Im sorry for trying to organize this. Those who live in Surprise, Im sorry you have to drive so far, as well as those in Queen Creek, Anthem, etc.

However for everyone to get together, is going to be tough, and as opposed to holding events for those in the east or west valley, I'd like to coordinate one for a generalized area. I live in N Phoenix, and will be driving 30-40 mins to get to Tempe Marketplace, but for a once in awhile occurance, Im willing to do it.

We can talk about scuba, sports, or anything in general, but it's a way to get off the computer and in person! I'm planning for Sept 20th at Tempe Marketplace. Say 6 oclock.

If you'd like to join me, let me know, so I can ensure I have enough room set up. And I will post where Ill be in a few days.

Also, sorry for being such a stinker.

Calle (sorry I don't know your real name):

I owe you an apology. I was not being critical of your efforts in any way. I appreciate them. It is a great idea. I have a warped and sometimes biting sense of humor (many, including my wife do not think is funny at all). This is probably as good of reason as any to have such a meet and greet so people can get to know one another. Perhaps now you would not care to get to know me at all.

I was joking when I was whinning about driving so far since I am spoiled to live so close to Pleasant while I know folks like Steve and Ron drive a long way every time they head out.

And yes I will admit, I was taking a subtle jab at the AZSCUBA folks (sorry Dave, you are a great guy and welcoming moderator) when I said "just to talk about diving" . Mainly because I attended one of their meetings and found out that most of the members talk about diving but don't actually dive much-epecially locally (other than their one big trip each year). I went hoping to meet people who I could dive with locally.

I would like to attend-where ever it ends up. I can't make it on the 20th since I have an elk hunt going on but I would like to make it if you try doing something again in the future.

michael

Oh yeah, I think I might be able to pull off some sort of raffle for everyone that shows up. Possibly a gift card to a local LDS, but than again it may be too far for whomever wins to go use it. Bwah ha ha. Just kidding. Im super excited to meet everyone, being I missed out on Vista Point a few weeks ago. Iam however about 20 mins from LP, and spend most my weekends in the marina, as I dont own my own gear, but usually get rental gear for free, however only a few times a month. Also, I would like to meet some folks, so I feel comfortable just showing up to dive with complete strangers. I dont want to be the tag along that needs to be babysat, because Im a new diver.

Darn, looks like I won't be able to make it on the 20th either. If you guys happen to change your mind on the date. Let me know. :wink:

The only thing about Sept 20th is...that I think at least 3 or maybe more shops are conducting lake clean-up activites that day. Not sure if it is a PADI Project AWARE thing or just a general clean up. You might loose alot of divers that would be spending the day/night at one of the lakes participating.

You will never get a total concensus on date, time and location, so you just have to go with it and see who shows up. Great idea, one more venue for divers to meet up.

Karen

QUOTE]

Oh my gosh! I lost my brain! The 20th is a Saturday the Splash for Trash Day! Thanks so much Karen! Lets make it the 19th. Which is a Friday and after work. Not a late night cuz everyone has to get up early, but the 19th. Come if you can, and if not, I'll schedule another with more notice for next month!

Just a suggestion, but why hold a meet & greet at a restaurant. When I was living in Arizona, I started inviting folks out to the lake every weekend I was there, which was pretty much every other weekend. Most times we had close to a dozen divers out there. At one time there were too many to count. I organized a night diving event one month that had over a dozen divers show up and this was on a weekend. If you do it this way, then you won't have people complain about the drive because Lake Pleasant is only so big. Again, just a suggestion from someone who did these bimonthly for almost 2 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom