Anyone up for a Swampers Get Together at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxHockeyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
CSSP is really starting to warm up so I think it's time we get ourselves out there and get diving. Anyone interested in doing a Swampers get together on Saturday May 5th? I'm hoping we can get something like this together and for those that want to do the ScubaToys thing the next day we can just camp out and stay overnight. For those not familiar with the ScubaToys thing please see this thread.

I'm willing to bring enough fajitas out to feed everyone, provided that 12 lbs is enough to feed everyone. I'll also bring out the cheese, tortillas, and sour cream.

So what say you fellow Swampers?

I may be up for a May 5th dive. Not a swamper, yet, but willing. :wink:

When you say warming up what temp can be expected by 5/5? Should I dive wet or dry?

Work schedule will determine this for me.

I believe the surface temp is already above 70. I don't know where the thermo is but as long as it isn't ridiculously shallow I'll be staying above it. If it is really shallow I guess I'll have to break out my 7mm.

TxHockeyGuy:
I believe the surface temp is already above 70. I don't know where the thermo is but as long as it isn't ridiculously shallow I'll be staying above it. If it is really shallow I guess I'll have to break out my 7mm.

I dive dry but still about 53 degrees is as cold as I want to endure. Ice cream headache if its much colder than that.

I'm in if I can break away from work.

After diving in the wind and cold up at lake murray, John and I are ready for just about any conditions. CSSP even cold is a "dive in the park"....:D

I have a previous commitment that day, or else I would be out there.

I just looked at the CSSP website and the ScubaToys website.

This looks like it will be a LOT of fun! Annnnnddd, FREE prizes!

I may be on-call that weekend. It's also the weekend that we decided would be great for Hamilton Pool.

But free prizes!!! Who can say no to that???

We'll be there- our oldest daughter is getting her OW cert with ScubaToys that day! See yall at the swamp, yeehaw!

Newbie question on how CSSP works for overnights. I assume the $20 admission is per day -- so a weekend would be $40 regardless of whether you stay overnight. Or will they actually let you get away with one admission ($20) plus the $5 overnight fee?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom