Anyone up for a Swampers Get Together at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Illini_Fan:
Newbie question on how CSSP works for overnights. I assume the $20 admission is per day -- so a weekend would be $40 regardless of whether you stay overnight. Or will they actually let you get away with one admission ($20) plus the $5 overnight fee?

It would be $20 per day plus the $5 overnight for a total of $45.

I was looking over this thread trying to get an idea of how many are going to be there since I promised everyone a fajitas dinner on Saturday. Right now I see:

TxHockeyGuy - Definite Saturday/Sunday
czzzaar - Maybe Saturday
Kunk35 - Maybe
Hemlon - Can't tell from the post
Foo - Not sure if this is a definite for Saturday, Sunday, or both
Illini_Fan - Can't tell from the post

So if anyone can clarify, or if anyone wants to join the list, just post!

I would love to go for that, but I would be out of town so ya'all have fun.

Yes, my post was purposefully vague. I'd love to attend, trying to see how best to swing the weekend. My son and I were planning on going Sunday before the Scubatoys event started -- he can't make it on Saturday. So, if I can convince him to drive himself and meet me there Sunday morning, I think I'm in. Should know for sure by this weekend.

Let me see if I can say this the right way... umm...

Reckon y'all have space for'n one of that there Louisiana crowd, you guys?

Oh, no! My Wisconsinism bled through right there at the end! Now *everyone* will know why I don't sound like I'm from these parts. :D

Seriously, though, I was tentatively planning to make it a weekend, since it's a bit far for a Sunday day trip from Baton Rouge. So, if you wouldn't mind me crashing the party, I wouldn't mind showing up. :D

(It's not like I'll be busy trying to get tickets to any more Thrashers playoff games this postseason...)

ClayJar:
Let me see if I can say this the right way... umm...

Reckon y'all have space for'n one of that there Louisiana crowd, you guys?

Oh, no! My Wisconsinism bled through right there at the end! Now *everyone* will know why I don't sound like I'm from these parts. :D

Seriously, though, I was tentatively planning to make it a weekend, since it's a bit far for a Sunday day trip from Baton Rouge. So, if you wouldn't mind me crashing the party, I wouldn't mind showing up. :D

(It's not like I'll be busy trying to get tickets to any more Thrashers playoff games this postseason...)

Would love to have you. Might even have to make you a Texas Swamper while you're over here :wink:. I'll be there all weekend myself, including camping overnight. So here's the updated list.

TxHockeyGuy - Definite Saturday/Sunday
czzzaar - Maybe Saturday
Kunk35 - Maybe
Hemlon - Can't tell from the post
Foo - Not sure if this is a definite for Saturday, Sunday, or both
Illini_Fan - Maybe Saturday, Definitely Sunday
ClayJar - Definite Saturday/Sunday

Hemlon:
How secure is the park at night? Do they lock the entrance?

I am considering camping.

CSSP is out in the middle of nowhere, if you're uncomfortable bring that pepper spray from the other thread :).

I consider it very safe there. They close the front gate but it is not locked, that allows others to leave after they close down for the day. They do however block off the entrance by the check-in building with a bull dozer. The exit will shred your tires if you try to enter there so that pretty effectively prevents cars from coming in after they have closed for the night. There are also usually a decent number of people camping overnight, albeit they are spread all over the park.

One word of warning for anyone planning on camping -- there have been fire ants on the campsites before, so beware.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom