Anyone up for a Swampers Get Together at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DalTexDiver:
Is this still planned for 5/5-6/2007? Might be able to make it.

It absolutely is, and I still plan on providing a free fajitas dinner rain or shine. At this point I really don't know how many to expect, but I promise I'll have enough fajitas for everyone (assuming the numbers are somewhere close to what is represented in this thread). I know foo will definitely be spending the weekend there as will I and several others have not indicated they are planning to pull out. Regardless of weather I plan on having a good time out there. After the last couple weeks of work I need it.

czzzaar:
wondering what the entrance will be...
There are a variety of entrances at CSSP; however none of them are standard shore entries. I believe that has something to do with preserving the plant life and visibility.

There are a couple of docks that offer a giant stride when the water is at it's normal level. The docks also have stairs you can use for entrance when the water is low and for your exits, though they can at times seem a little steep. The ground slopes toward the docks so a slight hill to go down or up when making your way to the dock - nothing serious. Then there a few cement stairways that lead down into the water. Those are my preference on a day when my knees are complaining; however they are both near the end with the fill station. That's not a bad thing, but you see more if you use one of the docks in the middle cause you can head out in a different direction each dive. Depending on the size of your tank and your air consumption, you may or may not be able to make it from one end to the other and back underwater.

czzzaar:
Oh yeah, I'll be the guy in the Cal Trans Orange Andy's drysuit.

And just how do you know Cal Trans orange? The guys at Cal Trans are in orange shirts, it's the inmates and trustees that wear orange coveralls. :huh:

Twinklez:
There are a variety of entrances at CSSP; however none of them are standard shore entries. I believe that has something to do with preserving the plant life and visibility.

There are a couple of docks that offer a giant stride when the water is at it's normal level. The docks also have stairs you can use for entrance when the water is low and for your exits, though they can at times seem a little steep. The ground slopes toward the docks so a slight hill to go down or up when making your way to the dock - nothing serious. Then there a few cement stairways that lead down into the water. Those are my preference on a day when my knees are complaining; however they are both near the end with the fill station. That's not a bad thing, but you see more if you use one of the docks in the middle cause you can head out in a different direction each dive. Depending on the size of your tank and your air consumption, you may or may not be able to make it from one end to the other and back underwater.

And just how do you know Cal Trans orange? The guys at Cal Trans are in orange shirts, it's the inmates and trustees that wear orange coveralls. :huh:

Well, I lived in So Cal for the last 18 1/2 years, or so, and have taken a lot of fire over my choice of orange, however, it's an easy color for students to see and everyone always knows it's me.

I thought I'd bring both my tanks; and hp 100 and a 72.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to leave right after the dives.

OK, it's getting close enough to start putting a few more of the final details into place here. I am planning on getting up there early on Saturday to hopefully snag a pavilion. I generally try to head down near the plane (go left after the entrance and all the way down) but I will be happy to setup where everyone wants. I'll be the redhead wearing the hockey jersey, I doubt anyone else will fit that description so you shouldn't have any problems finding me. If I am in the water or it gets too hot I'll just put the jersey on a chair so you should be able to find where I'm at easy enough.

As for the fajitas we can have them for lunch or dinner, whatever everyone wants to do. I have a feeling that I probably picked up enough to feed everyone for lunch and dinner. If you want toppings other than sour cream and cheese please bring it. I'll have my portable grill setup and anyone is welcome to use it whenever they want.

I really don't know what to expect for turnout, but the more the merrier. See you all up at CSSP.

I'll bring desserts 'cuz I'm so sweet.

Look for me- I'm the fluffy 40-something (for 8 more months, anyway...) in white Ford 250 w/camper, looking for the nearest porta-potty. I will be with a very handsome, silver haired guy.

What time do you plan on getting in the water?

Uhhh, looks like the ScubaToys guys postponed their event until June due to weather. Too bad; I was looking forward to the trip.

Back
Top Bottom