Anyone use a 71cf HP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Bubble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm tired of lugging around a set of 120's just to do some recreational training dives, so I am looking at some new tanks. I know the norm is Al 80's. I just thought an even smaller, streamlined HP 71 might be the ticket. It seems I always have lots of air in my tanks left over, but not enough to do a full dive, so I thought, hey, maybe those HP 71's might be the sports car way to go!

What do you think? 100ft just to look around, cruise a few other places and surface with 500psi? Light weight? Good for training classes?

My wife has a set of the Faber MP72s doubled up. As MP they 3000+ so pretty similar to the HP72s that are out there except I think the Mp have better bouyancy characteristics.

I picked up one of those Faber MP72s as well (3000+ PSI). It's a fun little thing to dive. On my 80s I usually exit with over 1000 so the 8 CF has not been missed.

Back
Top Bottom