Anyone use a Viking undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There was a thread recently regarding the use of Weezle undergarments in DIR style diving. The poster for that thread was looking for an alternative to the DUI 400g undergarment which seems to be cut in an incredibly strange fashion - big ass panel in the rear (to accommodate a bowling ball for ballast) and un-tapered legs (I guess the good folks at DUI are all suffering from really bad cases of cankles).

Anyway, it seems that Viking makes a 400g thinsulate undergarment also. It costs the same as the DUI equivalent more or less. The Viking version is lacking the ass panel and is supposedly somewhat tapered in the legs.

I did a quick search through SB and did not find much in terms of reviews or comments which leads me to my question - has anyone used the Viking thinsulate undergarments? If so, what are your impressions?

For your reference, I am referring to the Arctic plus undergarments in the page linked below:
Trelleborg Viking

I bought a B400 from Bob3 on this board about a year and a half ago or so. Like it, keep coming back to it in terms of use. Warm, well built, fits me reasonably well.

MY only complaint is that it is getting tight in the chest/shoulders because of the weight lifting program I am on. So, I'll probably get something else soon.

I have nearly 200 dives on the 200g Viking undies. They have kept me very warm in temps down to 34 degrees. They also fit my tall, lean frame well.

Bob is a wonderful guy to deal with. I have made several purchases from him in the past.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

MY only complaint is that it is getting tight in the chest/shoulders because of the weight lifting program I am on. So, I'll probably get something else soon.
Too manly for your undergarment?

I'm SOO SORRY for your problems, Doug. :rolleyes: I'm sure everyone here is sympathizing with you. :D

Glad to hear the working out thing is...well...working for you. :wink:

I have nearly 200 dives on the 200g Viking undies. They have kept me very warm in temps down to 34 degrees. They also fit my tall, lean frame well.

Bob is a wonderful guy to deal with. I have made several purchases from him in the past.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Hmmm... I am short and wide-ish. :)

I bought a B400 from Bob3 on this board about a year and a half ago or so. Like it, keep coming back to it in terms of use. Warm, well built, fits me reasonably well.

So.. why did Lynne opt to go with the DUI version? Also, what about the legs, are they tapered? Lastly, will you be going that route again or will you be doing one of the "latest and greatest" undergarments?

So.. why did Lynne opt to go with the DUI version? Also, what about the legs, are they tapered? Lastly, will you be going that route again or will you be doing one of the "latest and greatest" undergarments?

I think because she got a great deal on one. As for my next, I am probably going to order an MK3 with a Fusion and try that. If that doesn't fly, I'll have a Santi custom made.

I got a great deal on my B400 slightly used (it was a demo) so it was worth it for me to get into thinsulate. If I don't do the MK3, I'll order a Santi because of the custom fit and stretch panels.

I bought the DUI because I got it off their "seconds" page. It was a demo, and cost $100. I was willing to gamble $100 that I might be significantly warmer. I was, but I was so uncomfortable with the bunched up fabric in the back that I had to let it go.

The DUI 400g are nicely sized for DIR divers with man breasts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom