aow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is the first and certainly the very best ADP any where in the world and it is in your back yard..By all means TAKE IT!

You will have Friday night lectures by world renown and certainly world class experts.
The water work is aways under the supervison of well trained knowledgeable LA Co UW Instructors.
(note; UW instructors! LA Co was established prior to the common useage of the the term SCUBA)

If you complete the program you will became a diver rather than one who dives,
and there is a difference....

SDM

I'm a little late to the thread but I did LA County ADP last year. This year's ADP program is wrapping up in a couple weeks so you'll have to wait for next summer. While some opinions are it's not as great as it has been in years past, it's still a great program. It's more expensive than your typical AOW class from a PADI shop but you're getting more than 2x the course for the $. The breadth of lectures and underwater skills done are really quite extensive and I learned a LOT from the program. The safety and rescue aspects alone are worth it, with the lectures from some real experts in the field. At the end, I had my LAC Advanced diver certification, along with NAUI Master Diver, Rescue Diver, and Nitrox cards too (in case you're collecting cards).

That said, it's a LOT of time and effort. 16 weeks straight (almost, 1 weekend off) of dive related activities, often times on Saturday and Sunday both. Lots of pool training, lots of ocean diving. You have to want to do it to get the most out of it but as I said before, it's a great experience and you'll be a better diver having taken it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom