apecks tx100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:54:
A friend of mine is selling me his Apeks tx 100. Any comments about this reg. His said that it got a world record 2002. Is this better breathing than mares abyss mr22. Bec. I am planning to buy either one of them. Can you also comment on the store Dive Booty.com is it dependable. Iam planning to buy equipments from them .
Jimmy t.

gaudencio:
:54:
A friend of mine is selling me his Apeks tx 100. Any comments about this reg. His said that it got a world record 2002. Is this better breathing than mares abyss mr22. Bec. I am planning to buy either one of them. Can you also comment on the store Dive Booty.com is it dependable. Iam planning to buy equipments from them .
Jimmy t.

Awesome reg. Excellect cold water performance. Lots of technical divers use Apeks. I own 3 Apeks regs and haven't had a problem with any of them.

gaudencio:
:54: ... Can you also comment on the store Dive Booty.com is it dependable. Iam planning to buy equipments from them ...
Whatever you do, be sure to check & make sure any online shop does NOT use UPS for international shipping.
UPS has a horribly expensive brokerage fee, it will easily add $50 or more on to whatever you're having shipped.
If they will not ship using the postal system, look for someone that will.

What are you looking for?

Yes Apeks did set a record in 2002. I would check to see if you can get a warranty with it. The only problem with buying online is that you do not get a full warranty with some items. Things like compters do not matter, where as regulator warranties cover your parts. I would look into this. Mares MR22 is also an excellently breathing reg, I would go for the one with the warranty. You mentioned that you friend is selling you the TX100? you are not likely to get a warranty then. Very nice reg though. The only problem i have with the mares is that they need an environmental kit. This helps maintain the reg greatly. Apeks all come with the seal.

My LDs sell the TX100 repair/service kit at high price, I need help in providing me the schmatics part drawing with part number.of the regulator, so I can just order the only part that I need somewhere else. Thanks

Bob3:
Whatever you do, be sure to check & make sure any online shop does NOT use UPS for international shipping.
UPS has a horribly expensive brokerage fee, it will easily add $50 or more on to whatever you're having shipped.
If they will not ship using the postal system, look for someone that will.

What are you looking for?

I am planning to buy a mares mr22 from them. <dive booty>. they are selling it at $ 293.00. do you know of other online stores that sell this item that are dependable. or even cheaper. I saw something also at ebay, I think it's a little bit cheaper by $30 or so. I would like to go for postal. though it would takes longer before the items arrive. Is it safe? I have purchases lab equipments before using postal and it came from Florida. and the lab equipment came in good condition . But I hav'nt tried to order a reg yet.
Thanks for your reply.

I haven't bought anything from Dive Booty, I don't even know if they stock the stuff themselves or if they just list it for other companies for a % of the sale.
I believe they just do the listing on the stuff & you'd actually be buying from Divers Direct in this instance.
Global Express with the Postal System on a 4 lb package w/$300 insurance would run $34. ( 4 - 7 days delivery time )
Items going to the big cities in the Philippines are very safe, probably safer than shipping to New Jersey :wink:
How about a nice US Divers Titan if you're looking for an inexpensive but decent performing regulator?

Well thanks for the info.
But I'm done with US divers. I'm now using Conshelf SE2. But am thinking of upgrading to the MR22. Since it's a world record. Why not give it a try.

The Conshelves are killer regs, don't get rid of it! I have my mothers from the mid 70's and it is still a wonderful breathing reg! Even compared to my Atomic, in my opinion. Besides its simple and essentially bulletproof!

I'm not so sure that you'd be "upgrading" by going to a MR22.
The Conshelf is what was used when the regs were made for the Kirby-Morgan Superlites, they just made the Conshelf into an adjustable.
Those things are used on hardhat working dives every day going down past 1200'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom