Apeks ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidguy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried both the ATX200 and TX100 back to back and is there an appreciable difference. Is the ATX200's 1st stage actually a shiny black chrome or a painted black? Is it worth the wait for the ATX200 to make it to Canada? Words od wisdom appreciated!

I looked at an ATX200 a week or two ago in a local shop, and it's black is all I can tell you. I didn't ask a whole lot of questions but I'd assume it wasn't painted. Paint would surely turn loose over time. Anyway, it's a sweet looking reg and I aim to try one very soon. At that time, they only had 2 of them in stock and no demos. But he should have 1 in circulation soon, since he's just like me and can't wait to try a new toy.

We like the TX100 after a little (unofficial) modification that improves the cracking pressure but the ATX200
is silk to breath, comfortable at any depth. We like it alot more. It is black chrome not paint. It's what I dive with and I can dive anything. Worth every penny.

akgporter
Don't hold us in suspense, tell us what the little modification is. I assume it's to the second stage - so it should be valid for tx100, tx50 and tx40?
Mind you, I've no complaints with my tx100 as is...

Mike

Well I had a chance to speak to a sea quest sales rep at Sport Chalet... It's when I was looking at the TX100.... he wasn't really all that helpfull...

however here is what I do know... it is "black chrome" on that first stage..

The second stage is kinda what has me sold... they are almost identical but the 200 seems much more compact and streamlined (anyone with a 100 will tell you that they are rather large and resemble the older usdivers models)

as far as function goes ... doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference between the two, in fact I'd almost bet on it... the ATX200/TX100/TX50 are all very similar...

If you want the newest greatest latest... get the 200 or wait for it to come out and see if you can save some bucks on the 100..

Good Luck :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom