Apeks Delrin Handwheels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
LOL!! So if I order up some DS4's now they will hav emetal handwheels? I need a few new first stages.

Where's the hot place to get 'em? I don't care about the warranty. But I do care about the price, and making sure they aren't used or counterfeit.
They should be metal. Someone out there could have old stock laying around though. I got some at DiveInn.com for not a bad price.

DS tank wipe:
Oren, I know exactley how you broke those handwheels. Think back all the way to the first weekend in June when that dude bumped into while doing a free descent on the munson, remember the one in the white doubles? I think that's what broke your handwheel:D

I think I still owe ya a beer!

Alex
You crushed into my buddy Sean but I'll take the beer without any qualms...:D

Yes, I also know how Apeks returned to the metal wheel. I was also questioning about why the plastic one would make trouble unlike ScubaPro and Oceanic DIN wheel. I still don't get why Apeks only got in trouble?

Because they went from metal to a supposedly inferior design.

aquaoren:
Yeah yeah Jeff, smart*ss :mooner:

Best prices I've seen on Apeks regs was at Deepstop.

But that's in Euros...I wonder if they'd be nice and take USD.

aquaoren:
That's not the thread I had in mind. :wink:
I was rather talking about this thread. Specifically about this post.

Don't recall anything that could have caused it.

Sorry, I didn't see that thread....

What do you mean by "inferior design"?

You mean, delrin wheel? SP and Oceanic are still using the delrin wheel. Recently, Trident is producing the metal version for ScubaPro. But, it is the aftermarket DIN...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom