Apeks Din O ring ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a similar problem with a Scubapro DIN insert in my tanks. None of the usual BS 111 or 112, etc seem to fit correctly. I think I have found the solution, Beuchat list their DIN fitting as requiring an 11.92 x 2.62mm N90 o-ring. Now this is a BS-614, and is just between the BS-111 (10.77 x 2.62) and the BS-112 (12.37 x 2.62mm) in size. From this I have concluded that this may not be such an odd ball o-ring, and have ordered some from
http://www.subaqua-products.co.uk/c...&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=127&Itemid=54
to try out. I'm sure it is going to work in the Scubapro DIN insert, as the 112 is just too big, and the 111 just too small, and while the online o-ring sellers don't list the BS 5xx, 6xx, 8xx, when you call them they do seem to stock them. I have been battling this problem for 15 years, and think, I may have found the answer!! Scubapro, of course wouldn't tell me the size, and recommended I purchase their part no part #'s 01-050428 and 01-050-193 at $5.00 a pop.
In summary potential DIN o-rings must include BS-111, 112, and 614.

I didn't realize the Apex were not 112's until I found this thread. I never thought to ask anyone about it. One of my regs still has the original o-ring, but the other I had replaced with a 112. When I pressure the reg, there is an initial small hiss but then it seals. I bought an o-ring kit from Piranah, but it doesn't have 111's in it. Is this size specific to Apeks? I would have thought that the din o-ring size would be an industry standard like other connectors.

JB:
I have had a similar problem with a Scubapro DIN insert in my tanks. None of the usual BS 111 or 112, etc seem to fit correctly. I think I have found the solution, Beuchat list their DIN fitting as requiring an 11.92 x 2.62mm N90 o-ring. Now this is a BS-614, and is just between the BS-111 (10.77 x 2.62) and the BS-112 (12.37 x 2.62mm) in size. From this I have concluded that this may not be such an odd ball o-ring, and have ordered some from
http://www.subaqua-products.co.uk/c...&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=127&Itemid=54
to try out. I'm sure it is going to work in the Scubapro DIN insert, as the 112 is just too big, and the 111 just too small, and while the online o-ring sellers don't list the BS 5xx, 6xx, 8xx, when you call them they do seem to stock them. I have been battling this problem for 15 years, and think, I may have found the answer!! Scubapro, of course wouldn't tell me the size, and recommended I purchase their part no part #'s 01-050428 and 01-050-193 at $5.00 a pop.
In summary potential DIN o-rings must include BS-111, 112, and 614.

The Parker catalog shows a 5-615 as 11.91 ID by 2.62 wide. It shows a 5-614 as 9.93 ID by 2.62 wide.

Hi guys,
I'm having the same problem with my orings popping off nearly every time I take my regs off. They're brand new regs and the cross section of the oring is square, does that sound right?
TIA Mike

The things you learn on SB. I see Amazon has small lots listed. Is there any difference between the brown and black Viton o-rings? They seem to have both. Perhaps the brown is just for quick ID?

In mm, the sizes of those three o-rings are:
...........................111........112.......DIN
Cross-section.... 2.62......2.62......2.5
OD....................16.01.....17.61...17

You can see why 111 and 112 are not quite right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom