• DS4/ TX50

Votes: 20 10.7%
  • ATX 40

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • AT 20

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T20 + heat exchanger = TX40
TX40 + knob to adjust breathing resistance = TX50

There isn't much difference between these 3 but then isn't much price difference either

I dive with ATX200 and love it, but like the position of the ports and how the 100 sits a bit more.

Still, I would choose the ATX 200 again without any doubt and it is superior to the Zeagle ZX50 I had before. I do intend to go with DS IV / TX 40s for stage bottles though. he ATX 200 is a bit pricey to put on everything.

~Marlinspike

I love this set up and will not likely change anytime soon.

Just got the ATX50 for my primary. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it (three more weeks!).

DS4 / TX50, primary, my old Primary Omega II is now my alternate. Tested it 2 weeks ago in Hawaii, at 90' it was a breeze. Glad I upgraded while they were on sale. Did 10 dives with it in 4 days, and it worked great.

I still have it, can't get rid of it on ebay. I've never dove on it once since I had it completely overhauled 1 year ago. Has an Apex Octo TX40 too.

This is as close as you can come to not having a piston/balanced regulator - and get away with saying you do. Plan to service yours regularly about every 6 months if your a frequent diver. And plan to pay full cost for total overhaul. Also fair warning don't move the adjustable seat very often, put it in the middle and leave it, or you might wait a while for parts from the UK.

You are much better off buying a brass Atomic B1/B2 or B1/Z2 in the same dollar range or MX25 from ScubaPro. With either you can get parts for life. And if your willing to spend more get top of the line in either category - Atomic T1/T2 or ScubaPro MX25T/S600T and you can go 2 years or more with heavy diving before requiring minor while-you-wait service from a reputable dealer.

My wife and I love our ATX 50's. No complaints. I realize that there are better, more top of the line, but I couldn't imagine much better of a regulator. They are SWEEEEEEET!!:guitar:

Reading the WKPP site on DIR setup they talked about the backup reg or Octopus as "That reg must be a non air balanced, low performance reg" Why?

Wreck ?
UP ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom