Closed Apeks TX50 Octopus

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
SOLD

FOR SALE

Apeks TX50 2nd stage octopus
$120
It has been in storage for about 10 years
You pay actual shipping and insurance

Disregard the black Hog 1st stage, that's for sale on another thread

IMGP2264.JPG
S4

I don't think that's a HOG, Harry. The metal din wheel was not used by HOG to the best of my recollection. Early Hollis maybe? Can I see the top? If it was Edge HOG that would be an Edge and it would be engraved on there somewhere or under the clear cover on the enviroseal.

It's an APEKS reg

Looks like a DS4 to me.

$240 for a DS4/ATX50 package is a great deal. I would jump on that if I didn't have a half dozen Apeks regs already. :)

I had to quit cave/tech diving about 10 years ago because of my knee. Finally got a knee replacement last year, but it didn't help very much. Time to sell off my gear.

Really???? might want to double check what new regs are going for. Also don't forget Apeks has jacked up the price of service kits in the last year, I think they are about $40 a kit now.
Apeks ATX 40 DS4 Regulator - Gidive Store

To be fair, you quoted EUR prices based in Spain, which isn't as extortionate as Apeks prices in America. That's also an ATX40 vs an ATX50 here, though that can be upgraded with an aftermarket adjuster with shipping for $28 from the UK. So I guess in the end, you're looking at something like $450 total after taxes vs $240 + service kit.

Now, might be a different calculus if you didn't service your own regs. :wink:

To be fair, you quoted EUR prices based in Spain, which isn't as extortionate as Apeks prices in America. That's also an ATX40 vs an ATX50 here, though that can be upgraded with an aftermarket adjuster with shipping for $28 from the UK. So I guess in the end, you're looking at something like $450 total after taxes vs $240 + service kit.

Now, might be a different calculus if you didn't service your own regs. :wink:

Sorry not trying to be rude but how to do you get $450. Just did a quick google search and at todays exchange rate €200 is about USD $220 for a new DS4/ATX40 (yes i know the post is for a 50)

I have ordered lots or apeks regs from this site maybe 6 DST/XTX50 combos and they were about $400 per set. So I am not to sure how you got $450 for a DS4/ATX40

Back
Top Bottom