Closed Apeks TX50 Octopus

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry not trying to be rude but how to do you get $450. Just did a quick google search and at todays exchange rate €200 is about USD $220 for a new DS4/ATX40 (yes i know the post is for a 50)

I have ordered lots or apeks regs from this site maybe 6 DST/XTX50 combos and they were about $400 per set. So I am not to sure how you got $450 for a DS4/ATX40

Yes, you are correct at that exchange rate, but I said "based in Spain" because as I understand it Apeks/Aqualung is quite restrictive about regional pricing where it's cheaper in Europe than it is in America. $450 is roughly based on $400 for a DS4/ATX40 on Amazon in America + applicable taxes + $28 conversion kit from the UK.

I'm not sure if you can get those Apeks regs shipped from that dealer in Spain to America or not, because Aqualung might revoke that dealer's status for breaking their regional pricing scheme by selling to American customers. I could be wrong about that restriction too. But if you indeed can and it's cheaper after import duties and shipping considered, then I stand corrected.

For example, I see that an FSR/XTX200 set goes for 404 EUR ($452) on there but the same set goes for $800 in America. Huge difference.

Call Leisurepro in NY for Apeks pricing. They are an Aqualung/Apeks dealer. CALL and talk to a salesperson. Do not pay attention to the prices in their website as they are constrained by a MAP agreement.

Call Leisurepro in NY for Apeks pricing. They are an Aqualung/Apeks dealer. CALL and talk to a salesperson. Do not pay attention to the prices in their website as they are constrained by a MAP agreement.
I spoke to Leisurepro yesterday by phone about their twin set Apeks Tek3 / XTX-50 package. I will tuck your nugget of info away for possible use at a later date.
Unfortunately, LP does not carry and will not order an Apeks 1st stage with the optional 5th port. So much for customer service and I would have to pay 8.625% sales tax.

Yes, you are correct at that exchange rate, but I said "based in Spain" because as I understand it Apeks/Aqualung is quite restrictive about regional pricing where it's cheaper in Europe than it is in America. $450 is roughly based on $400 for a DS4/ATX40 on Amazon in America + applicable taxes + $28 conversion kit from the UK.

I'm not sure if you can get those Apeks regs shipped from that dealer in Spain to America or not, because Aqualung might revoke that dealer's status for breaking their regional pricing scheme by selling to American customers. I could be wrong about that restriction too. But if you indeed can and it's cheaper after import duties and shipping considered, then I stand corrected.

For example, I see that an FSR/XTX200 set goes for 404 EUR ($452) on there but the same set goes for $800 in America. Huge difference.

not trying to be rude but just trying to help those out that are always looking for a good deal like me.

Yes they do ship to the US or really anywhere in the world. I live mostly in Indonesia (not Spain based) so order all my diving gear through the US to avoid crazy taxes and pick it up at my brothers house. The US just so happens to have have no import tax on dive equipment. I have even sent rebreathers into the US tax free. Your welcome to check US import laws if you don't believe me.

Last order I placed with them was shipped Fedex and cost about €80 but that was for about 8 regs, a couple Xdeep sidemount harnesses, 6 masks, and lots of other stuff. Total savings on my order was about $1,500 compared to US prices. so the €80 shipping was a wash out.

I am withdrawing the DS4 from the marketplace. I'm keeping it.

The second stage is still for sale.

Back
Top Bottom