Apeks Wtx 3 Reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrantley531

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at picking up a Apeks wtx 3. I'll be placing it on my hollis AL backplate and slapping my STA on there for diving single hp 100s.

Does anyone have any input, reviews, personal experiences with this wing?

Looks pretty analogous to my Halcyon Eclipse wing. Being Apeks it wont suffer the occasional bad-batch of cordura that plagued Halcyon I'd assume. Couple of guys I dive with use Apeks wings and the quality is superb, functions as advertised and no nasty surprises. I dived a few times with an Apeks WTX4 but wasnt a fan of the horse-shoe shape.

Cant comment directly on the wtx3, but it looks great :)

Good luck,

James

Posting from my iPad, please excuse unfortunate iCorrects.

Thanks for the feed back man! There is a guy locally selling his that he dove with a few times that I've been considering.

Sounds good. I've been a little disappointed with the material's quality on Halcyon gear in recent years. Hit the 300-400 dive mark and certain batches just start unravelling (a lot of people I dive with use Halcyon). However, the Apeks wings are practically bullet proof! One guy has done something like 2000 dives on his Apeks soft harness and wing, but you'd swear it was only a few hundred dives old.

I love my Halcyon gear, don't get me wrong. The parts commonality, integration, the "system" as a whole is extremely well thought out and really fits with my diving. I do everything from shallow, warm water, single tank pleasure dives through to deep wrecks with twins, stage bottles and complex camera rigs. My BP/W configs are consistent and I don't have to think about my gear. Apeks is similar, but when I was in the market, all their wings were horse-shoe style, and I didn't like that. YMMV.

Have fun!

James

Posting from my iPad, please excuse unfortunate iCorrects.

I had one for about 100 dives, never really liked it. Air was all over the place, trimming out was difficult and it was especially poor when I picked up a UTD alpha/delta wing which seems to have a better shaped bladder and is far more streamlined. Just my 2 PSI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well the guy sold it before I contacted him so I am back on the market if anyone has one laying around lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom