Apeks WTX??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well... i was thinking of purchasing the diverite venture wing for my wtx harness. I had a question.. Would you need to insert a backplate to attach the wing? also, would you need a STA?? Just few questions before I would purchase one. Thanks. :D

Nope, I use a venture and STA or Backplate are needed. It just loops through the cam straps. Very easy.

Nope, I use a venture and STA or Backplate are needed. It just loops through the cam straps. Very easy.

I belive you mean are NOT needed.

Right! They are not needed. Sorry about the typo.

Then how is the wing attached to the harness? Because theres just so much space for the cam bands to run through.

Then how is the wing attached to the harness? Because theres just so much space for the cam bands to run through.

The wing, (in my case a Venture Wing) has slots for the cam bands and the WTX Harness has loops for the cam bands.
Installing the cam bands and wing together holds the wing very securely.

WTXharness.jpg

From Aqualungs’ website.
WTX Deluxe Harness Owner's Manual

Why not put a wtx 30 on it they are bullet proof!

I have one as well. I just don't like not having a dump valve on the inflator.

I've been looking at both the DR Trans-pack and the Apecks WTX. Liked the WTX I tried out but didnt care for the wing, as mentioned it seems very large not sure what size was on the one i tried so it may have been the 40 or larger.

Back
Top Bottom