Apeks xt50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryfly161

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i have an old xt50 that I have been using as a deco reg but not in the last 3 years.My daughter is now getting into diving and I am debating on getting it refurbished and adding a scond stage or just buying her her own regulator. Is the older xt50 still considered a good reg to most out there. I love it but it has mostly as a deco rig. What do you guys/gals think. Get it refurbished or just get her something new?

I dive regs, some over 25 years old and some newest latest and greatest, the difference is negligible, if at all.

Where does everyone find rebuild kits now? I use to have a hook up for getting rebuild kits but since I got out of the navy ( about 3 years ago) I cant find them for the TX regulators. I know that they have discontinued these regs. how is everyone keeping the tuned and "running like a swiss car"(down periscope reference for those that may not be versed)?
I dive regs, some over 25 years old and some newest latest and greatest, the difference is negligible, if at all.
how do you keep up with maintenance on regs that old?

northeast scuba supply sells aftermarket kits, else you will have to hit up ebay due to aqualung/apeks policy of not selling service kits directly to consumers

Where does everyone find rebuild kits now? I use to have a hook up for getting rebuild kits but since I got out of the navy ( about 3 years ago) I cant find them for the TX regulators. I know that they have discontinued these regs. how is everyone keeping the tuned and "running like a swiss car"(down periscope reference for those that may not be versed)?

how do you keep up with maintenance on regs that old?

I have a dealer who sells me parts, I've gone international stocking on non standard unavailable parts. I own regs where most critical parts are still used on current models. SP is pretty good at keeping parts in production for some of their older regs. If you look hard enough it has been my experience anything needed can be found.

Apeks use the same service kits on all models save the Flight, not sure about the MRX.

I still use my ATX50’s on tech dives that I’ve had for over 11 years. Great regs, last forever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom