Apeks XTX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenJr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am concidering the purchase of a xtx 200. Does anyone that has one or has used one like the changable exhaust tees. Is it a gimmick or does the large tee setup disperse the bubbles better. I am not looking at the xtx status.
Thanks

The longer "T" does disperse the bubbles away from the face better than the shorter 1.

i own a xtx 200 and i love it. i havent had any problems with it and to me its performance is top notch. i have the shorter exhausts installed as well. I really do like the performance of apeks gear but from doing some research ive come to find out that the aqualung legend is pretty much the same thing with a different company logo on it. i would still recommend the apeks though. TMO

The XTX200 is a great reg, and the exchangeable Ts give you the best of both worlds - the large one is the same as those on the old TX series, and the small one is like the ones on the ATX series. You can swap and change as you see fit. The larger one does keep the bubbles away from your face better.

Mark

If you’re interested in my opinion, I run a dive shop and am a dealer for 5 different manufactures. I have my pick of the litter and my personal regulator for the last year has been the” XTX tungsten”. Unfortunately I've only used the large exhaust tee so I can’t tell you the difference between the two. However I’ve tried quite a few different types of regulators and as far as getting the best regulator for the money, I feel the XTX 200 series is hands down the best. The Aqualung ACD Legend is a great regulator (one of my top 5 picks) and the auto close device is an outstanding feature but the XTX 200 and the legend are not as close as some think. Besides the obvious differences in the bodies, I feel the gas routing in the XTX is better, also the internal parts (crown, HP seat, etc) are not the same. If you want a Apex high end rig that will perform & last the XTX 200 is it, if you don’t feel like spending over $600 for a rig and still want great performance I’d look into the XTX 50 (no frills just a sound 1st stage and the same 2nd as the xtx200).

If you’re interested in my opinion, I run a dive shop and am a dealer for 5 different manufactures. I have my pick of the litter and my personal regulator for the last year has been the” XTX tungsten”. Unfortunately I've only used the large exhaust tee so I can’t tell you the difference between the two. However I’ve tried quite a few different types of regulators and as far as getting the best regulator for the money, I feel the XTX 200 series is hands down the best. The Aqualung ACD Legend is a great regulator (one of my top 5 picks) and the auto close device is an outstanding feature but the XTX 200 and the legend are not as close as some think. Besides the obvious differences in the bodies, I feel the gas routing in the XTX is better, also the internal parts (crown, HP seat, etc) are not the same. If you want a Apex high end rig that will perform & last the XTX 200 is it, if you don’t feel like spending over $600 for a rig and still want great performance I’d look into the XTX 50 (no frills just a sound 1st stage and the same 2nd as the xtx200).

Do the XTX first stages still have the same integral crown as the previous ones, or have they made the crown replaceable? In my DS4, for example, damage the crown--replace the body.

Just posted this on the regulators for photographers thread but maybe somebody here could answer my question. I'm trying to decide between the Kronos and the Apeks (with wide tee).

The concern with the Kronos is that if you tilt your right ear down, the bubbles would just stream over your face. Can this be avoided with the Apeks XTX50 (or similar Apeks models)? In other words, with the XTX50, if you tilt your head to one side, does the air come out of only one tee that's positioned higher or do the bubbles come out of both?

Ive never paid attention to that but i will give it a try later today while im diving and ill let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom