Apeks XTX50 vs Aqualung Mikron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW I have a Mikron and seem to have LESS bubble interference than with my other regs. Who knows maybe it's my face shape/mask shape/head position.

Bubble inteference can be more dramatic when you are vertical to the column on any regulator, except the Kronos. Lay horizontal on your trim and take video, bubbles will draw away from your mask, huge difference.

Aqualung uses the Kronos as their flagship regulator for vertical video, with dramatic results of bubbles away from the mask.

That video on the Mikron is a bad example of bubbles on the mask, we don't swim vertical. However, I wouldn't choose the Mikron for photography where you might go vertical for the shot, the Kronos would be the better reg is this case.

the wob of the flight is 0.84 joules while the mikron is 1.01 roughly from memory.

I guess you would be best to ask how does the xtx 200 compare to the mikron. but then again he already said that he prefers the xtx200 over the mikron for local dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom