Apex tek 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imasinker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives

Hello everyone!

I was wondering If anyone has purchased and are using the new APEX TEK 3 setup. I am in the market and have the oportunity to purchase this setup for my new doubles. What I have seen is that you are basically getting the new first stage left and right configuration with the XT 50 regulator and Octo. What I would like to know is in comparison to the DS4 is it worth the extra money to go with the TEK 3. I still see alot of divers using the DS4 and liking it. I was thinking to just use my DS4 with my aqualung glacia regs for now. I am wondering why APEX chose the XT 50 regs for the TEK 3 first stages and not the newer XTX 200 regs. Does anyone have experience with APEX and can give me an honest opinion which way to go. I am the Toronto area here in Ontario Canada and dive mostly the great lakes and dive about 70 dives a season.

Thanks in advance

Rob

I've been diving a set of Tek 3's for almost a year now. Got them for Christmas last year from the better half. They are great regs, and I love them, but I really don't see any reason(hindsight's a bitch) to spend the extra money on them when the DS4's rig up just as good. The Tek 3's come with the XTX 50's. The only difference in the XTX series is cosmetic. The XTX 50's are all black. The XTX 200's have shiny emblems & a heavier price tag.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have gotten DS4's w/ XTX50's. Bulletproof combination & should serve you well in the cold waters across the border.

I've been diving a set of Tek 3's for almost a year now. Got them for Christmas last year from the better half. They are great regs, and I love them, but I really don't see any reason(hindsight's a bitch) to spend the extra money on them when the DS4's rig up just as good. The Tek 3's come with the XTX 50's. The only difference in the XTX series is cosmetic. The XTX 50's are all black. The XTX 200's have shiny emblems & a heavier price tag.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have gotten DS4's w/ XTX50's. Bulletproof combination & should serve you well in the cold waters across the border.

Thanks bro...I appreciate your honesty.

Rob

I dive both the Tek3s and DS4s. Both are great regs. Have used them both for tec diving, cave diving and ice diving. Never had any problems. And I do not notice a difference breathing them. But there are differences. You're already aware of the price. The Tek3s are more convenient for hose routing. The DS4s can be split of and set up for diving singles with a drysuit hose. Both are very popular with the group I dive with. Reliability is an issue when your a mile in a cave system.

Back
Top Bottom