Apex WTX Surelock weight pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detcord

Registered
Reaction score
Currently, diving a Department supplied rig with a 7 mil farmer John, I need 20 Lbs of weight. We dive the Apex wtx Harness system with a single Al 80 and 30 Cf pony. After fighting with a weight belt, I've decided to purchase the WTX surelock weight pouches for it. Does anyone have any tips or experience with them? They are a little pricey, but I want to stay within the Apex Brand. Any info would be appreciated.

I have a brand new set that I only used once. I chose to use a weight belt as I normally wear 26-28 lbs.
My wife uses hers and loves them, they work very well on the WTX harness system. We also dive with steel tanks but when diving rental AL80’ I just shove 2 – 2lbs soft weights or a couple of pieces of stainless steel bars (1/4”x15&#8221:wink: wrapped in adhesive backed soft vinyl into the back plate slot. BTW, I love my APEKS WTX harness system.

PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Currently, diving a Department supplied rig with a 7 mil farmer John, I need 20 Lbs of weight. We dive the Apex wtx Harness system with a single Al 80 and 30 Cf pony. After fighting with a weight belt, I've decided to purchase the WTX surelock weight pouches for it. Does anyone have any tips or experience with them? They are a little pricey, but I want to stay within the Apex Brand. Any info would be appreciated.

I have the APEKS weight pouches and comfort harness and use them. They will hold two five pound weights each. If they are lead weights. If you use soft weights then you won't be able to put the full ten pounds in each pocket.

You may also want to consider the SeaSoft Sea Wolf and/or the DUI Weight and Trim System (suspenders and pockets)

jcf

There nice pockets the extra D rings come in handy and you can mount a knife to them also. I have managed to fit 6lb soft weights into my pockets with a 5lb block when I need the couple extra lbs for the dry suit.

Soft Back Plate for the WTX Harness. I use it for added weight and better trim.

Remove soft pad and open plate flap.
wtx4.JPG

Soft and flexible SS wrapped in heavy vinyl.
wtx5.JPG

Insert into pocket and close flap - apply soft pad. This one is 6lbs.
wtx6.JPG

Sorry I haven't replied earlier. I would take you up on the offer of the weight pouches if I had not already ordered them from a LDS. I really like the look and idea of the soft back plate. Is that homemade or commercial? Something like that would allow me to drop noticeable weight from my belt.

I made them myself. Thanks.

They're almost the same price as the dive rite weight pouch but in comparison with the apeks weight and the dive rite weight system, I'll take the apek sureluck weight any day. I used to have them connected on the Scubapro S-tek BC before fully getting the Apek harness itself so it was very vestile weight system. Very excellent and weight every penny! This week, I hope to connect the harness for double tanks. Yay!

Anyone have a picture of the WTX harness with the surelock weights attached? I'm getting the WTX harness and cannot decide if I'm going with the Apeks surelock or the DUI classic or Trim II.

I'm going to be diving dry and I currently dive a 100 hp Steel with 20 lbs of weight for my 7/13/7 wetsuit.

Thanks,

MG

My wife uses her weight pockets and I use a weight belt. I will take a picture of her setup tomorrow and past it here for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom