Apollo AV1 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JFS

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. I have a problem with my AV1. Recently the motor was sporadic. Never flooded it. I did a pre test today and the motor ran after I gave it a little tap. I opened up the compartment and checked connections and noticed that the battery plug wires were corroded off. This is on the av1 side not the battery. I changed over the harness from another av1 and now the red light stays on and the scooter does not run. Any ideas?

I'm not your guy in terms of technical advice but one trick that I used was putting a screwdriver to the 2 posts to jump it. If it runs then you know its not in the motor. Are you sure there isn't moisture fouling it? You can take all the connections and soak in vinegar/soda solution to clean. Just basic thoughts...

Do you mean you removed the bulkhead and replaced the wiring to the motor? The red light means the water sensor is either wet or shorted across the terminals, or failed, and doesn't allow the motor to run. Intermittent is often corrosion somewhere. They are simple and parts are not expensive, but require a small amount of electrical know how and attention to detail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom