Apollo Bio-Fin, Atomic Smoke or TUSA Zooms, which one is the best Split Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is not empirical if it can't be mechanically duplicated! A feeling or impression is not fact it is an impression! Humans can't test fins because we compensate! A machine can with the same cycle and what energy it takes! Split fins are not efficient, and that do not provide control, you think they do, but they don't! Please submit mechanical proof of your accusation!:no

Split fins use the same principle to propel divers as airplanes use to stay up in the air.

split fins work on the lift principle that allows multi ton aircraft to fly, that works for whales and dolphins and tuna etc. Frogs and ducks have paddles, they just muck around in the marsh or pond.

The fast moving pelagic fish and marine mammals use split fins. Mother Nature had it right eons ago.

With a leading and a proper trailing edge you have a very efficient fin. Proper materials, like natural rubber, make a difference. No wonder Apollo ranks high in all tests. UK, USA, etc.

Bernoulli’s theorem is the basis for many engineering applications, such as aircraft-wing design. The air flowing over the upper curved surface of an aircraft wing moves faster than the air beneath the wing, so that the pressure underneath is greater than that on the top of the wing, causing lift. Works even better with water. Less effort and way more real lift and propulsion.

You are all arguing with the same person that started a tread saying global warming doesn't exist. Papa_bear is only on SB to argue with people, and has yet to make a single post woth reading. I think he is trying to set the record for being on the most peoples ignore list.

Who sold you that hog wash! Its water and 800 times as dense! It has no leading edge! Good god, I am a pilot! If my wings were split I would land! Look at nature! What bird has a split wing? We are now in the 7th dimension with Ron L. Hubbard! I just will myself through the water! Propulsion and lift are two different things guys! Your a little far a field!

Giovanni Venturi and Danial Bernouleie did their research a hundred years after Isaac Newton.

What "accusation"? I have seen your other posts regarding split fins. What is the deal?

Venturis don't mean a thing except the amount of wash! Again it is simple physics every action has an opposite and equal reaction! Venturis of the back of the fin don't make you fast or more efficient! Also if you would like or anyone would like, please put me on whatever list you like! BTW the founder of the Weather Channel is going to sue ALGORE for fraud! Prove that we have anything to do with GW or that split fins are nothing more than a gimmick to sell you more gear! Go ahead! Make my day!:eyebrow::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom