Apple Watch 2 - 165 feet waterproof with GPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetech99

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this real? Just add depth sensor and we'll have a next gen dive computer with 3rd party apps lol :). Iphone 7 has reportedly survived a 35 FSW dip.

They do state it should not be used for high velocity water activities and scuba, but it is coming close :)

Forget using GPS underwater. The radio waves from the satellites do not penetrate.

Iphone 7 has reportedly survived a 35 FSW dip.
I saw the video. It "survived" but water had leaked into the phone. At the end of the video he showed that the water (what little got in) was spreading. Also it was only under the water for 5 minutes, I imagine the results would have been different if he let the phone sit for an hour at those depths.

For the iWatch, I've read the 50m rated depth but I wonder how long it's rated to be there... It might be enough for a freediver to drop down then go straight back up but not enough to make it worthwhile on SCUBA.

They do state it should not be used for high velocity water activities and scuba

So maybe Apple Watch 3 will be suitable for high velocity water sports and SCUBA.

And Apple Watch 4 will be suitable for high velocity SCUBA. Can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom