Apres-dive, Phuket & Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all there's a few really good suggestions. The lady friend isn't keen on physical activities so kayaking is out but sounds like there are lots on.

Quero - thanks for the heads up about the Boxing Day commemoration - i'll keep a look out for that.

Anyone know what the normal rate for hiring a taxi driver for the day is? Say a 10am to 8pm stint but go anywhere on Phuket.

If you have a China DL you may be able to drive legally on that in Thailand because there are special rules for DLs from Asian countries. (I know this because I drove here with a Malaysia DL before I converted it to a Thailand one, but it might be only ASEAN member nations-at any rate worth checking out.)

Having said that, I seem to recall that a good price for a rental car + driver is in the range of 1800 to 2000 for a day, plus petrol.

If you have a China DL you may be able to drive legally on that in Thailand because there are special rules for DLs from Asian countries. (I know this because I drove here with a Malaysia DL before I converted it to a Thailand one, but it might be only ASEAN member nations-at any rate worth checking out.)

Having said that, I seem to recall that a good price for a rental car + driver is in the range of 1800 to 2000 for a day, plus petrol.
Thx Quero

Back
Top Bottom