April in Florida -- Caves Likely to Be Open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those of you who live there, please put on your forecasting caps, look into your crystal balls and tell me your best WAG regarding April in Florida. A certain ER Doc I know has been asked to spend several days in PlasticLand (Orlando) learning ER Doc stuff. Is it likely the Caves would be diveable in mid-late April? And what/where should I go diving while she learns how to play doctor?

I think in all of 2008, I was never completely flooded out from diving somewhere. For the short period that Ginnie was flooded (i think it only covered 1 or 2 weekends) I dove Manatee. It's obviously different from year to year and month to month, but if I were going to bet, I'd say there will be somewhere open to dive.

Ditto what Don has said. Come on down and enjoy! You'll find something to dive, no doubt. Poor doc...how ever will she be able to concentrate knowing she's sooooo close to the caves?!

Is it likely the Caves would be diveable in mid-late April? And what/where should I go diving while she learns how to play doctor?

Unless some BIG rain comes down, something should be divable. As others have said, something is usually divable even when others are blown out. Ginnie and Manatee are among the last to go under, so they are usually a safe bet.

A tour of the popular and easily accessible caves would include: Ginnie, Little River, Peacock (low flow), Madison Blue, and Jackson Blue. There's LOTS of other stuff around, but these tend to be low overhead/high return...so to speak!

Let me know if you need someone to team up with when you're down here. If I'm available, I'll be more than happy to go on a little tour.:D

Lee

The Mill Pond almost never blows out. Tell me the dates and I'll make sure I'm not working...

The Mill Pond almost never blows out. Tell me the dates and I'll make sure I'm not working...

That's cause dem Panny-handler types are JUST Special :D
(HAPPY NEW YEAR btw )

Agree with the above comments. Ginnie and Manatee almost NEVER go out. Madison is usually the 1st to go. Followed by LR.
Were NOT as special as dem Handler caves ( lol )

Just jokin with ya.

Da Beano Baggins

Happy New Year, Jeano Beano!!!

Yes, we are special...uhhh...in more ways than one... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom