Aqua Lung Black Diamond BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmadiver:
Hostility? I suggested that he "consider" a BP/W since I originally purchased a BCD when I was in his shoes and have since recently purchased a BP/W...Just throwing it out there for him to consider. But no its not the only way I validate my purchase...I will arm wrestle you to prove that my BP/W is far superior to any BCD!

The arm wrestle thing is sorta funny I guess but when you said "bp/w's are superior" you couldn't have made my point any better. Thank you!

Don, you must of mistaked my post for trying to push a bp/w setup, I've never used one so I can't push to sell one, as stated I have a Balance and like it. I am not a pusher

The AL Black Diamond is a great BC. Make sure you get a proper fit. Also, keep in mind that if you are planning to DM they may require you to dive in gear that they carry.

Nathaniel, if you would spend a few moments to fill out your profile it would help us get to know you a little bit. It will also help us answer your questions more directly.

mmadiver... DJ is our local self-appointed BP/wing policeman. Don't let him offend you... he's just doing his job! :D Personally, I wish that he had chosen 'referee' instead of cop... but what the heck...

Don Janni:
when you said "bp/w's are superior" you couldn't have made my point any better. Thank you!

Your welcome!

I surveyed several BC's and looked at bp/w before choosing the Black Diamond. I have enjoyed the BD very much, finding it to be well made, stable, and comfortable. I would also consider the Balance since it is very similar but slightly smaller, fewer d-rings, and lighter, therefore better for travel.

We have 4 instructors at our shop, 3 of them use the Black Diamond.

I like it.

I use a black diamond my self and like it except to use it as weight intergraded. I have found out the hard way that a harness is a lot better to carry your weights on a boat in rough weather.

I wonder myself if a back plate and wing would be a lot better do to less drag.
Scott

I have a Black Diamond for 3 years now, i can only said good things about him , great height integrated system (I have the previous system with velcro), good underwater balance.

If it fits and is comfortable then it should work. I've gone from BP with no form of BCD to adding a horsecollar, to stab jackets and now BP/wing. My vote is for the BP/wing. The trim is right where you want to be. Chest area/front is uncluttered. You can go from singles to doubles easily. It's the best system as of now. Try them before you buy.
Bill

I have a Black Diamond and am very happy with it. Have not tried a BP/W yet but have not intention of doing so until my type of diving changes.

Had a jacket type before but did not like the squeezing on me when I filled it up. Tried an uncluttered BC like the Scout but wanted the pockets.

I am a firm believer in the theory that we change our diving style based on our equipment. So if you use a piece of gear for some time you get accustomed to it and any other will just not do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom