Aqua Lung Fin Sizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WI Scuba Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
West Bend, WI (about 30 miles north of Milwaukee)
# of dives
200 - 499
I was just on the Aqua Lung site looking at their Blades 2 fins. They are sized Small, Regular, Giant (who came up with that stupid sizing arrangement?). I could not find a chart anywhere to explain what size fits what. Anyone know? I am a size 11 ... which size category would I fall into (wearing booties)?

Thanks!!!
Dave

LP size chart. I can't sa how accurate it is, but I have a 10 ft and wear medium in original blades.

Shoe Size Small Medium Giant

Mens 6-8 9-11 11-13
Womens 7-9 10-12 13+

For sizing purposes; If you wear a boot with a hard sole, add one size to your regular shoe size.

edit Oops. didn't see already posted

These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at Leisurepro we offer our exclusive PFF Guaranty.

Splitlip:
LP size chart. I can't sa how accurate it is, but I have a 10 ft and wear medium in original blades.

Shoe Size Small Medium Giant

Mens 6-8 9-11 11-13
Womens 7-9 10-12 13+

For sizing purposes; If you wear a boot with a hard sole, add one size to your regular shoe size.

edit Oops. didn't see already posted

These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at Leisurepro we offer our exclusive PFF Guaranty.

Thanks Splitlip!!! Although after all of this and some additional research, I think I will take your advice and look for a pair of the original blades. So I just posted an add in the gear wanted section. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Dave

bigmak:
I wear a size 12 henderson Octoboot and a mens regular blade 2.
The fins were sized by my LDS.

Interesting. So you would think that if I'm wearing a size 11, 5mm boot (with medium sole) the "regular" size Blade 2 would fit me. Those henderson Octoboots have a pretty thick sole correct? It's tough for me to get to a LDS these days so I'm trying to figure this all out online. I know it's a bit of a gamble.

I wouldn't say the soles are thick, but there the only ones I ever wore so I don't have anything to compare them to.

WI Scuba Dave:
Interesting. So you would think that if I'm wearing a size 11, 5mm boot (with medium sole) the "regular" size Blade 2 would fit me. Those henderson Octoboots have a pretty thick sole correct? It's tough for me to get to a LDS these days so I'm trying to figure this all out online. I know it's a bit of a gamble.

Hmmm. Could be a bit of a crap shoot since you will probably have to by them on line.
I can't say how the Original Blade pocket size compares to the Blade II. As I said I am size 10 shoe and use the medium original blade with 5 mil Oceanic (very flexible sole) booties. I have almost an inch infront of my toes inside the pocket, but the fit overall is snug.
If you are going to shoot for the Original blades you might want to wait for someone with your shoe size, who owns a pair, to jump in.

edit: link to the boot http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_boots_venture.html

Also the "original" blades came in 2 sizes of foot pocket for the same size fin depending on how early the model. I have 2 sets and both are large. One pair however is an older model and they had tapered foot pockets. The older will fit fine with my one set of boots that have thin soles and are a little snug. THey will not fit my new boots that have a wider, slightly thicker sole. They also will not work with my dry suit. The newer "old blades" work with all but are a little loose with the thinner boot. Al sizes are weird. It's why when I went to rockets I ended up buying the regular and a pair of the super rockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom