Aqua Lung Legend LX ACD or Apeks XTX200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for clearing it up. I was looking around on the apeks website and didn't see any reference to AL so I wasn't sure.

split0101:
Thanks for clearing it up. I was looking around on the apeks website and didn't see any reference to AL so I wasn't sure.

You'd figure that they'd have something on their Apeks website wouldn't you...

oh well. If you need a reference, check out Aqua Lung “Family” of Products
section of this thread to see how they all officially go together.
http://www.aqualung.com/news_releases_history.html

I got a killer deal at my LDS on the LX ACD w/ free legend octo.

can't wait to get it in the water :)

u4ia:
I have AL Legend LX Supreme ACD, and have been very happy with it's performance after initial problem with 2nd stage settings was corrected. (Minor issue that ignorant LDS just did not know about, nothing to do with the regulator). Breathes great shallow and deep, in warm and very cold water, in current, upside down and sideways, and no bubble interference. First stage is kinda large but I very much like the second stage compared to some others I have tried.

I have the Legend ACD, and personally hate it's non-performance when I am upside down.

It is a good reg IMO but not super great. That said, I have not dived the other that you are looking into so I can only speak of the Legend. As for the ACD bit - that is brilliant. I really, really like that.

Have been diving almost daily for years and I will tell you "go with Apeks". Unbeatable reg. that you will be comfortable with for tears to come. Breathes easy at any depth on air or mixed gasses.
Just make sure you have a local shop for service if you will not be servicing it yourself. You absolutely should have at least your 2nd stage checked yearly. Apeks, I don't know about Aqualung has a plain steel pin in the 2nd stage that rots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom