Aqua One to become Spirit of Niugini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHGoDive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

Looks like I'll be on the Spirit of Niugini in Papua New Guinea next summer. This boat is currently the Aqua One based out of ,I believe Phuket, and will be moved and rechristened early next year.

As far as I can tell, it will be owned and operated by the folks who have Tawali in PNG.

Does anyone have any input/thoughts about the boat, what sort of shape she's in, what we might expect?

Thanks!

Hmmmm having grown up around boats, it is bad JuJu to rename boats. I know, almost all boats have been renamed at one time or another. Is that why there are so many wrecks????
Anyway, you will love PNG. Hope you have a good crew.

Well, I guess so long as I don't rename it, the juju will belong to someone else. :D

Since it goes back to work in March, and I won't be on it until July, anything bad that's going to happen will have already happened. Right? Right!? :confused:

the owners of Aqua One a few months ago. They now own and operate the Kasawari Resort in Lembeh. After meeting them and returning home I immediately tried to set up a trip on Aqua One but she was already in the procss of being sold. My dive trip TA told me he had many, many clients that took the Aqua One without complaint. Perhaps I'll get to sail her after all as we are planning a trip to Tawali for 11/07. YeeHaw! Great news.

Please report back on your trip. I can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks,

Sandra

OHGoDive:
Does anyone have any input/thoughts about the boat, what sort of shape she's in, what we might expect?

I went to Komodo/Rinca on the M/Y Aqua One in 2004. Excellent boat and crew, ensuite bathroom, nitrox - had a great time.

http://www.dive-aquasports.com/theboat.html

Of course it's the crew that makes a good boat great - I hope the new owner (if it is Tawali then it would be Bob Hollis?) has a good team.

Owners are Kung and Poo. No doubt at least one of them will be at Kasawari when you are. Very nice people. Kasawari is a wonderful resort. Have fun.

Sandra

Back
Top Bottom