Aqualung/Apeks warranty question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonOh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm about to buy an Apeks XTX and have not gotten a confident answer about the warranty yet. Here is my situation, my local LDS is a Aqualung authorized dealer and can service Apeks. I found another authorized dealer in Pennsylvania that is selling a new Apeks for alot cheaper than my LDS. That store has been recommended by a couple SB members and the website looks legitimate. My only worry is buying the Apeks from another state and maintaining that warranty in my home state of Idaho. I called Aqualung and didn't quite get a good answer; he said that as long as I can register online that would work. When I called the store in PA, the person seemed more interested in selling me something than answering my question about the warranty. What do you guys think?

Thanks...Jon

I bought mine out of England for half the price over here .
Apeks is very good with their customers . I have owned multiple sets since 1993 . I have never actually had an issue where warranty was involved .
I lost a cosmetic cover from inhalation adjustment knob , I emailed apeks and they sent me two for no charge . Reg was well past warranty .

As long as you purchase from an authorized dealer the warrany is good. Dealing with the LDS that lost a sale is a different story.

The LDS is actually pretty cool about it, which I really appreciated. I support them in other ways. Plus I think they don't make alot of profit from selling stuff. I'm just basing off my experience in the bike shop. They don't make alot selling fancy bikes, its what you buy with the bike. And the servicing.

Hi,

I'm about to buy an Apeks XTX and have not gotten a confident answer about the warranty yet. Here is my situation, my local LDS is a Aqualung authorized dealer and can service Apeks. I found another authorized dealer in Pennsylvania that is selling a new Apeks for alot cheaper than my LDS. That store has been recommended by a couple SB members and the website looks legitimate. My only worry is buying the Apeks from another state and maintaining that warranty in my home state of Idaho. I called Aqualung and didn't quite get a good answer; he said that as long as I can register online that would work. When I called the store in PA, the person seemed more interested in selling me something than answering my question about the warranty. What do you guys think?

Thanks...Jon

Hi,

Thanks...Jon

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

merged three threads with the same question from Aqualung, Apeks and Regulators to one thread in Aqualung.

Hi Jon,

My name is Kyle and I am a repair technician here at Aqua Lung America. As long as you buy your Apeks/Aqua Lung gear from an Authorized dealer your warranty will be upheld. It is recommended that you register the serial # with us on the website Warranty & Registration
You should also save your receipt and keep a log of inspections and services in order to uphold the service kits for life service agreement for U.S. bought Apeks/Aqua Lung regulators. As long as you maintain a record of inspection (every year) service (every 2 years) you can take your log and regulator to any Authorized Aqua Lung Service Center. Should you need further assistance please PM me.

Thanks Kyle. I will make sure to keep track of all my documents. I just got an XTX100 .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom