AquaLung Aqua Flex 5mil or Henderson HyperStrech 5 mil for tall female

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CHSGrl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am close to 6ft with a long torso. 165lbs. Any recommendations on which direction to go? Open to other suggestions as well.

What kind of diving do you intend to do, what are the water temperatures? What thickness suit do you anticipate needing? If you are planning on a 3mil jumpsuit for tropical diving ... it probably doesn't much matter what brand you get, buy the suit that has to colors you like and fits you the way you want it to. For local diving, in temperate waters ... I don't think either of those suits are going to keep you warm enough, the material is too compressible and rack suits just don't cut it for colder water diving.

I am interested in 5mil. Most diving will be 65F+ I have a 5/4 that I can comfortably wear in 67F, but is too short in the torso. If I were a male, I'd be singing soprano.

Send your existing suit to a wet suit repair house and ask them to add "X" inches in height at the waist. That's not hard to do, but it may require a new zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom