AquaLung ARCTIC PRO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does any one have have information on the Aqualung Arctic Pro Reg?

I am looking at on on ebay and would like any info I can get. It looks like the first stage is or is very similar to the Cousteau/SEA with the Environmental seal.

According to the seller it's an excellent cold water reg set.

You're right about the 1st stage....it is a SEA/Cousteau.
The 2nd is very different to the regular USD/Aqualung second stage with a metal internal barrel and external heat exchangers on both ends.
I can well believe it has great cold water performance.

+1 about the 1st stage. However, the 2nd is just a plain downstream lever design: good, but not exceptional. The whole setup breathes a lot better than most rental gears, it's very rugged and requires very little attention.

I bought this rig in 1989 and have been very pleased with it. I replaced it in the mid-90's with a Scubapro MK20/G250 that breathes noticeably better, mostly because of the G250 2nd. I still carry it as a spare. Its last service was about 15 years ago, and it still breathes good and deliver a rock steady intermediate pressure.

At the current price it's a steal, but I wouldn't go beyond a hundred bucks or so. Factor in the price of a service; the service kit is a bit more expensive that the Scubapro's, about $30 vs $20 around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom