Aqualung Conshelf XIV schematic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsenloe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have an exploded view of a Conshelf 14 first stage that they could send me. I may also need some parts at a later date. Thanks Scott

Check here. I don't see the Conshelf but the guts are the same as the Titian except for the removable orifice. The parts kits are the same. Also look at the parts list.

You can down load the Conshelf XIV complete service manual here:
http://www.aqualung.com/military/PD...Manuals/Conshelf14_Repair_Manual_with_DIN.pdf

This is a nice tool kit, but I think you have to join the NAVY to get one of this:
http://www.aqualung.com/military/PDF_Data_Sheets/Acc_and_Tools/Conshelf_XIV_ToolKit_LZ.pdf

This looks like a nice tool, but you can get a simpler one from VDH on the link below:
http://www.aqualung.com/military/PDF_Data_Sheets/Acc_and_Tools/regulator_press.pdf

Tool for Conshelf and other Aqua Lung diaphragm first stages:
High Pressure Block Assembly Guide [HP Block assembly tool] - $0.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

Parts kits for Conshelf and other AL single hose regulators:
Single Hose Parts : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

Wow! Thanks for the fast and efficient replies. I thought a few things were missing but I do not know if it is worth the expense to rebuild this old workhorse. The Chrome is in excellent condition but it is still a 30+ year old first stage???

To this day no one has made a more reliable first stage yet. Some flow more air than anyone or any second stage could use. But that doesn’t make them better, since it is basically a useless feature.

Mechanically most Aqua Lung modern regulators first stages are basically the same as the Conshelf… actually the Conshelf first stage is the same as the Royal Aqua Master that was first introduced in 1965. The only advantage of some of the newer Aqua Lung regulators is the newer housing/ body may provide some better hose routing.

For the most part, my wife and I only dive with regulators that are mechanically identical to the Conshelf (Phoenix Royal Aqua Master, Royal Aqua Master, Titan, and Conshelf).

If you don’t feel that it is worth rebuilding this 30+ year old workhorse… just send it to me… I will give it a good home. :wink:

you know whats ironic? my name is scott, and i too have a conshelf XIV. lol. good reg, i love mine!

ok,
im a little confussed wen people say that the conshelf XIV is a great regulator.. dont get me wrong i have no doubt that it is.. but i'm wondering is the part that is great the 1st stage or is everbody talking about the 2nd stage??? or is it both that are great... i like the the first stage apperance and the way it is chrome and looks heavy duty and rugged... just looks and feels like a "work horse" but i have to admitt i feel like i would want the 1st stage and then maybe a more modern type second stage... to get something light and smaller.. (this is an un educated statement) becuase i dont know anything about them yet and havent used one yet but looking forward to doing so... just thought i would ask is it the first stage that everybody likes and respects or the second or both... is it common to have a conshelf 1st stage with a more modern day smaller lighter second... or would that be defeating the purpose and if i want to have a newer second might as well look at getting the whloe thing new???

Both stages are built to last and are very dependable. That said, there are other second stages that perform better. There is no reason at all that you can not mix and match a Conshelf first stage with any second stage (with a rare few exceptions). My wife is diving a Conshelf first with Scubapro seconds.....I don't think I have one reg that is not a mix of some kind. A combo like a Conshelf first and octo with a much higher performing primary second would IMO be a great setup. A dependable rock solid first and octo with a great performing main second stage sounds like a great way to go. The biggest problem is finding a high performance second by itself, although they do show up on Ebay from time to time. Something to keep in mind, 99% of the performance of a reg is determined by the second stage. As long at the first delivers enough air volume at the correct IP the second stage does not "care" where the air is coming from. The Conshelf first will do that dependably. If you want to stay with solid, dependable metal stages a great second stage to consider is a Scubapro 109 that has been converted to a balanced version. A well tested design, very common on the used (Ebay) market, parts are vailable and performs close to the best of them. Non balanced 109s are very common and the conversion is simple.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to convert a conshelf 2nd to a balanced version? any parts that can be swapped out and changed?

Out of curiosity, is it possible to convert a conshelf 2nd to a balanced version? any parts that can be swapped out and changed?

Nope, sorry. The SP- 109 is the only (older) metal one I am aware of that can be converted. To me, an adjustable second stage is more improtant than it being balanced, esp when it is used behind a good balanced first stage like the Conshelf.

Back
Top Bottom