Aqualung Glacia Reg Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a chance to pick up a almost new Aqualung Glacia Reg set for a very good price. I am wondering if it is just for cold water use, or can it be used as an everyday Reg set? I just got certified, and so i dont know the ins and out of all the gear yet. Thanks.

Cold water regs can be used in both cold and warm water, warm water regs are generally limited to warm water only.

I have a chance to pick up a almost new Aqualung Glacia Reg set for a very good price. I am wondering if it is just for cold water use, or can it be used as an everyday Reg set? I just got certified, and so i dont know the ins and out of all the gear yet. Thanks.

I own a set - they work great in warm and cold water. They do, however, have this ridiculous metal heat exchanger on the hose (in the middle of its length), which is not a problem if you use it as a primary reg, but if you use it on a pony bottle or stage bottle you will need to buy another hose as it doesn't allow the hose to bend in half very easily.

They're a bitch to work on, but that's not the diver's problem.

I own a set and I dive Cold water in Canada all year round. I have never had any problems, and when everyones regs were free flowing during my ice course, they worked flawlessly. I use my primary on a seven foot hose, without a heat exchanger it is still the best reg ever. The hoses are a pain, but again you can swap them out without any problems of the regs not performing.

Check out pictures on my profile, one of me in the water, at 33 degrees, snow all around and the Glacia at its best!

Back
Top Bottom