Aqualung i450T battery kit #NS911149

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there more people who did not renew the o-ring during battery replacement? Did they encounter problems? I bought an i450t last Friday and inserted a new battery. I see no reason why to change the o-ring if it is undamaged, so I kept the original one in place. ( I was surprised by how loose the screws were tightened). I like the i450 but it is annoying that aqualung does supply o-rings only in a battery kit -_-

I have the i450T, its an o-ring if its not worn or damage its good to go. Having a spare is handy though as o-rings can be damaged during the battery replacement process.

Thnx, I will buy a battery replacment kit, that seems to be the only way to get an o-ring for this computer. For now, I let the originaliteit o-ring in the computer and only replaced the battery.

Just a followup, 14 months after purchase and 60 dives each my 2 i450T's both needed batteries. One was dead and the other showing the low battery warning. I ordered two kits including the battery, the o-ring, silicone. grease, and a spare screw. Replacement was straightforward and quick. Put an additional 30 dives on both computers without fault.
Kept the spare screws, silicone and old o-rings.
I will just plan on an annual replacement now.
On a side note, I wanted to make sure the computers would find their originally paired transmitters. After multiple attempts I could not get them paired. Through trial and error I found the the transmitter need to "wake up" with air pressure applied. There is no documentation of this and I am not sure if it goes to sleep after a set time or if it is an effect of loss of battery power on the computer side. Regardless, once the first stage had air pressure everything worked just fine.

Back
Top Bottom