Aqualung i770r dive computer: How can I adjust the deco settings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MauiBullfrog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How can I adjust my deco settings or gradient factor...it's annoying that it keeps going into violation and goes on 24 HR lock down and the factory setting is too conservative. HELP ANYONE?!?

Sell it and buy a shearwater.
I have a shearwater and it's great. I got the i770r to try out and can't find anywhere in the user manual on how to adjust the conservative mode except for ON/OFF. I thought aqualung had some sort of adjustment setting, WTH?!?

What did your user manual say that came with the computer? Or the owner of the dive shop where you bought it from say?

How can I adjust my deco settings or gradient factor...it's annoying that it keeps going into violation and goes on 24 HR lock down and the factory setting is too conservative. HELP ANYONE?!?
Can you post some profiles where this has happened? How is your Shearwater set - defaults or aggressive? Are you doing any safety stops? Maybe set the Shearwater to adaptive so you get 5 minute safety stops - are you skipping as much as 5 minutes of deco on the i770?

Or just follow the stops on the computer?

Is it possible you don't have the same gases set on both computers? Unless you're really pushing the NDL limits with your Shearwater(what GFs are you using?) I'm inclined to think it's some type of user error in setting up the Aqualung, since you mention that it keeps happening. They claim their algorithm is "based on Buhlmann ZHL-16C", so it probably doesn't have all the "gotchas" that Sunnto adds in.

Set the Conservative factor to OFF is your only option on i700r.
Another option is to adjust your SW to match or compatible with the i700r not the other way round.

ndl limit(p97) and altitude levels (p98).

From the manual page: 29

ALGORITHM The i770R utilizes the Z+ algorithm to calculate nitrogen tissue loading. Performance is based on Bühlmann ZHL16C algorithm model. To create even greater margins of safety with respect to decompression, a Conservative Factor as well as No Decompression Deep and Safety Stops can be included for No Decompression dives.
CONSERVATIVE FACTOR When the Conservative Factor is set ON, the dive time remaining, No Decompression/O2 TIME, which are based on the algorithm and used for N2/O2 calculations and displays relating to Plan Mode, will be reduced to the values available at the altitude level that is 915 m (3,000 ft) higher than the actual altitude at activation. Refer to the charts in the back of this manual for dive times.

But this will only make it more conservative. Check out the decompression time limits chart in the back of the manual for first dive Deco limits and compare with Shearwater. I know there are posts on SB going into NDLs : Z+ vs Buhlmann for repetitive dives. Bottom line is if you want to match a Shearwater you have to get a Buhlmann 16 computer. WTH indeed.

Hi @MauiBullfrog

Assuming your i770R is set with the conservatism off, PZ+ will run around a GF high of 90 on the 1st clean dive and then at around a GF high of 85, or a little less, for repetitive dives.

If you are running your Shearwater at a GF high of 95, it will be more liberal than the Aqua Lung. The i770R will be the controlling computer for your dives unless you are willing to satisfy any deco obligations to avoid violation gauge mode. There is no way to make the Aqua Lung more liberal

Back
Top Bottom