Aqualung legend ACD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know there was a recall for the infamous ACD, but wondering if there had been any more problems after the fix? In your opinion, is the fix satisfactory or would you never risk diving with a reg with the ACD device? Asking because I have one set and looking at picking up another set for $100 or possibly an aqualung core.

I know there was a recall for the infamous ACD, but wondering if there had been any more problems after the fix? In your opinion, is the fix satisfactory or would you never risk diving with a reg with the ACD device? Asking because I have one set and looking at picking up another set for $100 or possibly an aqualung core.

The issue wasn't the "ACD" part but was a batch of regulators with loose yoke retaining screw that wasn't tightened enough to recommended torque specification during manufacture and it became loose AFAIK.

There was no recall, the issue are the torque specs of the shutter valve.
It's supposed to be torqued to 27 inch/lib-3NM.
If not done so, the shutter valve can loosen, for example when the reg is taken off the tank with still some pressure on it.
I don't think it's a good construction and even torqued to 3NM it sometimes comes off......

"infamous?'" Some think the ACD is a valuable feature, some don't. Depends a lot on where and how you dive. If only you deal with your regs and you are careful, then probably of little value. If dive boat employees or dive op employees switch tanks for you, rinse gear for you or otherwise mess with your stuff, or if you have much risk of forgetting to properly use the dust cap before rinsing/soaking, then probably a valuable feature. To the best of my knowledge, there is no real downside to the ACD, although I am sure one can come up with all kinds of theoretical or possible issues.

Ok i guess I misunderstood the issue that caused the recall or safety notice the legend had. Thanks for the replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom