Aqualung Legend Lx Leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kombiguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi! My Legend second stage leaks. But only from the very end of the adjustment knob, and only when I inhale. Adjusting the knob either in or out makes no difference.
I went through it again, looking at the diagram, and I can't see anything I missed.
Any suggestions?

There should be at least a couple o-rings and a possibly cracked adjustment knob that would be my prime suspects.

or the o-ring that seals the end of the barrel. Do you do a negative pressure check on the regulator before you assemble? If it passes negative, then it's something in the barrel itself, but it is likely it is not going to pass a negative pressure and in that case it is likely the o-ring that seals the venturi adjustment lever

There should be at least a couple o-rings and a possibly cracked adjustment knob that would be my prime suspects.
O-rings are all there(I'm pretty sure) but I'll take another look tonight and I'll check the knob, too!

or the o-ring that seals the end of the barrel. Do you do a negative pressure check on the regulator before you assemble? If it passes negative, then it's something in the barrel itself, but it is likely it is not going to pass a negative pressure and in that case it is likely the o-ring that seals the venturi adjustment lever
Always. And I do a negative check before each dive, if we're thinking of the same thing. Well, I'll check those things tonight as well!

Missing o-rings are big leaks. Small defects tend to be small leaks. It helps to be very precise about the location of the leak to isolate the problem. Good luck.

Got it fixed. I used the wrong sized O-ring on a part. It was one size too big on the adjustment barrel. Works fine, now. Thanks!

Got it fixed. I used the wrong sized O-ring on a part. It was one size too big on the adjustment barrel. Works fine, now. Thanks!

Interesting. You can often get away with one size off, but not always.

Back
Top Bottom