Aqualung Legend LX Supreme Help Please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJP161

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an Aqualung Legend LX Supreme and I have just got it back from its first yearly overhaul and I noticed that the silver ring under the retainer that holds the diaphragm spins loosely and I don't remember if it did that before the service. The retainer seems tight and I don't notice anything wrong I just couldn't remember if the silver ring was supposed to spin freely. The one that is closest to the yoke does not spin or move at all. I haven't had chance to use it yet so I can't tell if there is any changes. Thank-you very much.

Joe

I can't really visualize which part you mean but the purge cover (that's the rubber bit with the "Legend" stamp on it) is the only part that will rotate. If it's not that then there's something not put back together right.

R..

Sorry about that I forgot to mention it is on the first stage assembly.

Ah. Now I know the part you mean. Mine has an ice kit on it and the ring doesn't rotate but if the retainer is tight I can't think of any reason that the ring rotating would cause a problem. As far as I know it's function is cosmetic.

To be on the safe side I would suggest you double check it with your tech.

R..

Here is a picture for reference, its the top silver ring of the two that you see on the first stage. Hope this helps. Thank-you.

Joe

JJP161:
Here is a picture for reference, its the top silver ring of the two that you see on the first stage. Hope this helps. Thank-you.

Joe

I understand. The cap on top of that ring is there to protect the ice kit. If there is any kind of play between those two parts then the ring can rotate. The ring has no function (except maybe keeping you from overtightening the cap). If the cap is tight then I'd say you're sorted.

Having said that, on my reg, if the cap is tight the ring is unable to rotate. I don't know why it would be any different on yours. You can unscrew that cap with your hand and put it back on again to see if it's on correctly.

And once again if you have any doubts about it you should take it back to your tech for a double check.

R..

Diver0001:
I understand. The cap on top of that ring is there to protect the ice kit. If there is any kind of play between those two parts then the ring can rotate. The ring has no function (except maybe keeping you from overtightening the cap). If the cap is tight then I'd say you're sorted.

Having said that, on my reg, if the cap is tight the ring is unable to rotate. I don't know why it would be any different on yours. You can unscrew that cap with your hand and put it back on again to see if it's on correctly.

And once again if you have any doubts about it you should take it back to your tech for a double check.

R..

Ok I gave that a try and it still spins. I also tried breathing of it and it appears to be working fine with no leaks. As I said it may have done this all along and I just never noticed.

JJP161:
Ok I gave that a try and it still spins. I also tried breathing of it and it appears to be working fine with no leaks. As I said it may have done this all along and I just never noticed.

I have the same reg and with the cap screwed down finger tight, my silver ring does not move. Have you unscrewed the cap and checked that everything is aligned and properly assembled?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom