Aqualung rep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, actually, that is a WHOLE new level in this ongoing discussion. As the wicked witch said to Dorothy....."just a matter of time, my pretty, just a matter of time".

Edit: What happened to the post with the letter to dealers in pdf format? Wow, that didn't take long to disappear. My QUOTE of it was even edited out. The power of moderation. lol

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Never mind the man behind the curtain.......

To give you an idea of how well Aquanaut (Aqualung) Australia look after their dealers.......We recently received a letter stating that in an effort to combat internet sales, all Aqualung dealers were required to stock x amount of a certain product (cameras in this case). If this amount was not purchased and set up in stock by a date oi the very near future, the dealer would "miss out" on Aquanaut's new advertising campaign.....AND would lose their dealer discount on these products.

Essentially we have to stock almost $10k worth of camera gear (that will not sell in our area......we are not like most other dive stores in Australia), or we will not make enough profit from selling this equipment to warrant offering it to our customers.

Basically we will no longer be using Aquanaut as our main supplier and will eventually replace all our school/hire/personal equipment with another brand. We may not sell much camera gear, but we do sell a lot of other A/naut stuff. They have lost a reasonable size account because of their desire to dictate what we will and wont stock.

Thank you Aquanaut for showing us how much you care about your dealers!!! :lotsalove:

I hate when I see a thread that has been moderated before I got a chance to read it! :shakehead:

I think the copy of the .pdf letter that was circulated to Aqua Lung dealers stayed up a total of about 6 minutes on Saturday afternoon. lol. I can PROMISE you that NO ONE involved wants that letter on this chat board or ANY public place. lol.

Phil Ellis
DiveSports.com

I'm wondering if Aqualung "forced" Scubaboard to take it down, or did Scubaboard take it down just because they didn't want legal hassels with Aqualung?

what was the deciding factor? I'm curious...

Probably a simple case that the letter was a private letter and also there is a little thing known as copyright.

Probably a simple case that the letter was a private letter and also there is a little thing known as copyright.

Very possible that the OP just thought better of it an edited it out. My implication that moderation caused it is probably incorrect, even though I didn't know that material used in quoted responses also comes out when the OP edits.

Phil Ellis
DiveSports.com

I have no issue with Dive Shops that have e-stores on their websites. In fact I work for a dive shop that has one and I built it. After 35 years of dedicated service to the dive industry I do have issues with internet based dive stores that feed off the divers that are trained to dive by the LDS's of the world. I'm thinking of sites like Leisure Pro, Scubadotcom etc. Their market potential is so much greater and their overhead so much lower than a brick and mortar store that they can offer their products at a much cheaper price than the LDS. In my opinion this is not good for the industry. Comsumers can save money but at what cost? This has also driven the cost of service at the LDS higher so the stores can survive.

I doubt that.

c

You can feel free to doubt that C but it is infact true, I have an extensive dive industry resume with 35 + years in the industry including but not limited to having worked as a sales rep for both Dacor and Scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom