Aqualung Solafx 8 MM w/hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pylut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My local dive shop just started carrying the Aqualung Solafx 8 MM wetsuit with an inner 1mm skin over the neck and an 8 mm attached hood. It's labeled as a 8/7 mm and has a zipper across the chest (does this make it easier to get in and out of ?). I am looking for a wetsuit for colder water, say in the low 50's or high 40's. Like some folks I'm not ready to make the investment in a dry suit quite yet. I would like some feed back from anyone who has tried one of these out? Other input is greatly appreciated as well.

My [New Jersey shore] LDS owner made an interesting observation recently. Manufacturer's reps keep coming to him saying, "Here is the super warm wetsuit your customers want!" But, he says, wetsuit customers are looking first for ease of donning/doffing. Customers who want warmth at all costs buy drysuits.
The Solafx, which is all Aquaflex high-stretch neoprene, looks like a good candidate. Also, Aqua Lung Aquaflex wetsuits happen to be cut closer to my build than most other brands. (Compare size charts for several brands-- Pinnacle, for example, thinks a man can't have a 39-inch waist unless he's at least 6'2"-- gack!) I'll be trying one on this spring, and will probably buy.
The chest zip minimizes water entry.

I bought the Aqualung SOLAFX wetsuit and dove it two weeks ago. I am 5'10", 165 pounds, and I bought a size M/L, fits perfectly. It was toasty in 60 degree water. I plan to use it in 48 degree water in the Atlantic. It is very easy to get on and off compared to the Pinnacle. It fits great, and I am happy I made the purchase. I may not go to a dry suit for the type of diving that I am mostly doing... caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom