AquaLung TITAN Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've rebuilt plenty of Titan 1st stages over the years, but I don't remember ever doing a DIN Titan. I'm presuming that your Titan is a DIN version. That said, I wonder if that o-ring (5g) is really necessary. Here's why: On the yoke version that o-ring is not present. On the yoke version, there are no o-rings other than the one on the tank valve between the tank and the HP seat/crown. There are two on the DIN--5b, which you can see from the outside, and 5d, which seals the handwheel retainer and the DIN adapter (5f).

The DIN adapter serves the same purpose as the yoke retainer (4) as far as the rest of the regulator is concerned. Notice the yoke retainer is not o-ringed. Air cannot get out of the DIN kit as long as o-rings 5b and 5d are present. Nor can water get in.

I think the filter washer (7) is necessary to maintain proper pressure on springs 9a and 9b. Those springs regulate the operation of the poppet and spring block (which is also the balance chamber for USD regulators), so you want to keep that washer and reuse it.

I'll close by saying that my statement on the necessity of that o-ring (5g) is MY opinion and mine only. I'm not sure why USD opted to put that o-ring there, but they did, and it's ALWAYS best to go by the book. I would not convert a customer's yoke Titan to DIN and not include that o-ring. If it were mine and I were in your situation, I may look long and hard at omitting it. Hope this helps some. Be safe!

I looked at the schematic and came to the same conclusion: it must be some sort of secondary seal, maybe to keep water from getting in; I'm pretty sure it's not a critical seal, and you may want to try 2-017, 2-018, 2-019 for fit. I don't think material or hardness matter. Do tell us what works.

Does Home Depot have slippery floors.

I hate to be a buzz kill LOL but that why they don't like to sell kit to individual they do attend the update on regulator service producers. And if you we that good your local shop would recommend you and all you would have to do is pay the seminar fee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom