AquaLung (US Divers) Arctic Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I have a nice set, Conshelf XIV, for sale, but it is not a give away. I am doing a rework on it right now.

P1270667.jpg

N

How much shipped to utah?

---------- Post added March 2nd, 2013 at 05:46 PM ----------

How much shipped to utah?

Well, I have a nice set, Conshelf XIV, for sale, but it is not a give away. I am doing a rework on it right now.

P1270667.jpg

N

I have two Connie 14s. I love 'em!

I sent you a PM but as I said in the PM, mine is probably priced premium because it is complete and has a brand new hose and rebuild kit etc. It has a guarantee also, take it out of the box, put it on a tank, if it is not satisfactory or as expected, immediately pack it back up and return it, no hard feelings. If you get it wet, it is yours. You can get a junker on Ebay and with luck buy all the stuff and rebuild it yourself and in the process spend more money -- BUT -- learn how to do it yourself, a valuable thing. Good luck.

N

Sounds like the same thing as a Conshelf Supreme. If it is, I would do away with environmental seal, that thing is a pain in the rear or at least upgrade it to a later one that did not use the silicone oil.
Whether you have service issues or not depends on the integrity of your dive shop. The parts are available and any reg tech should be able to handle one easily so any BS you get about not being able to service it is just that BS..

I had a Conshelf Arctic Explorer and loved it. I stopped diving for a decade and the silicone oil dissipated. A local dive (bucket) shop told me it wasn't serviceable. I trashed it about seven years ago. Now I'm pissed and regret getting rid of it.

I'm not so wild with the older Conshelfs' first stage port layout. I prefer the more even spacing on the SE, 21, or 22. The heavy SEA layout is entirely different and may be more to your liking. All the Conshelfs are functionally identical. All parts are interchangeable except for minor differences in the SEA.
Second stages are either plastic or metal, with the metal ones superior. Plastic seconds tend to crack at the hose fitting.
There is always a good selection of Conshelfs on Ebay at good prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom