Aquanauts - Puerto Aventuras, New Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pez de Diablo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to thank everyone from Scubaboard that has dived with me and my great staff over the last 2 3/4 years. When I first moved to Mexico 6 years ago I started Diablo Divers and provided personalized service to divers who were looking to avoid the large operations where they are just another tank on the boat. As I became busier I needed to expand, at this time my neighbour, John was also looking at purchasing a dive shop, so we partnered up and purchased Aquanauts - 2 heads are better than 1. We have enjoyed a lot of success over the last 2 3/4 years with Aquanauts but it is time for a change.

A very nice couple, Jim and Myrna - who have lived in Puerto Aventuras for at least the last 3 - 4 years purchased the shop from us and are being joined by their son Nick who became an instructor about a year ago - maybe a little more. I wish them success, they are going to try and provide the same level of service that everyone has come to expect from Aquanauts.

I am going to focus once again on teaching cavern through full cave diving (I teach for the NACD and TDI), providing guide service for openwater divers wishing to do a cenote or guided cavern dive, as well as personalized openwater and cave guiding. I also hope that I will be able to devote more time to my family and to my role as the Regional Safety officer for the NACD and to the continued exploration of a few new systems that I am working on.

Thanks

Dennis Weeks

Best of luck Dennis! I hope the new owners will keep running the shop as smoothly as you and John have. Will Ale still be doing things through Aquanauts?

erik

Just met one of the new owners and the shop continues to aim for great individual service.

And, of course, as Dennis knows, Congratulations!!!

Having just finished my Full Cave with him, I will continue to support Dennis with enthusiasm. He's a thorough, patient and thoughtful teacher, as well as a great person to spend four days with!

Thanks to everyone! I look forward to spending more time diving and less time pulling out my hair :D

I am looking forward to taking my full cave course from you Jan 18-22. You've come highly recommended from one of my fellow cave divers.

Looking forward to working with you towards completing your full cave cert!

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom