Aquarena low flow conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could participate a lot actually, probably 4-8 times a month easily. Aquarena is pretty close to where I live as well (about 25mins away) which makes it even more attractive. :)

I must admit I left out a lot of great reasons to participate.

The beauty of the spring

The River Institute at Texas State University supporting the efforts for water conservation, restoration, and preservation of our waters.

The great staff at Aquarena. Eric Peterson the Diving for Science Guru.

and did I mention the fish, the salamanders, the education to the public.

Yes I am a very AVID supporter of the Diving for Science Program at Aquarena and would suggest to other divers to participate at the level they can participate and have FUN.

:D

Are there minimum participation requirements after the course? I live in Corpus but have family in San Marcos, it would be cool to have a place to dive close to a free bed.

I'm down with all of that too. :D

I must admit I left out a lot of great reasons to participate.

The beauty of the spring

The River Institute at Texas State University supporting the efforts for water conservation, restoration, and preservation of our waters.

The great staff at Aquarena. Eric Peterson the Diving for Science Guru.

and did I mention the fish, the salamanders, the education to the public.

Yes I am a very AVID supporter of the Diving for Science Program at Aquarena and would suggest to other divers to participate at the level they can participate and have FUN.

:D

Are there minimum participation requirements after the course? I live in Corpus but have family in San Marcos, it would be cool to have a place to dive close to a free bed.

They ask for you to dive at least once a year to stay current, but once you go you will be hooked.

I could participate a lot actually, probably 4-8 times a month easily. Aquarena is pretty close to where I live as well (about 25mins away) which makes it even more attractive. :)

If you commit to volunteering that often, I will personally teach you all the things the class glosses over. With less than a year of weekly dives, you will be a course pro.

To expand on Lake Travis Scuba's response, if you miss the dive once a year rule, take the buoyancy course again with a scheduled class.

I have Friday off work, anyone interested in Diving Aquarena?
QUOTE]

Me too Shawn, let's do it :D

I try and dive every weekend, preferably both days. So I don't see why I couldn't commit to that, even if I couldn't say dive on a Sunday, I'd make it a point to do two full dives (or tanks) on a Saturday.

As it is I just go dive the Comal if I can't find anyone doing anything fun, so trust me, having Aquarena as an alternate would be awesome. :)

Right now the only hold up for me is the fee, while I do think it's reasonable and am not complaining at all about that, I'm trying to finish up my PADI MSD stuff (have dives towards all my specializations and need to take Rescue Diver).

Once I finish that it will be the first thing I do! :D

If you commit to volunteering that often, I will personally teach you all the things the class glosses over. With less than a year of weekly dives, you will be a course pro.

To expand on Lake Travis Scuba's response, if you miss the dive once a year rule, take the buoyancy course again with a scheduled class.

Trip report from Friday

90's outside temperature in morning
73 degree water temperature

horizontal visibility 60 feet
vertical visibility 36 feet

Lots of murk in the water due to low flow condiitons of the springs

Great day to support Ethan Chappel the Aquatic Director
Had the lake to ourselves, always really nice to get down there on a weekday

Heard 26 students this weekend for Diving for Science program, that will be exceptional to have more volunteers to support the efforts at Aquarena

Brandon was an awesome dive buddy and good to see him, it has been too long.

Look forward to my next trip down there.

Man, that sounds awesome.

I can't wait to knock out the Science Diver course and join you guys (hopefully) one day. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom