Aquatic Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njones259

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just notified this afternoon that Sergio Sandoval Sr passed away at 81. He was the former owner of Aquatic Sports and the Swordfish dive boat.He was a great guy and a world class photographer and he will be missed.

That's sad news. I never dove with him but heard good things about his dive outfit. I did however meet him & spend some time talking photography at the air show back in 2012.

Don Sergio Sandoval was an icon in our industry and in our community. May you keep diving in Heaven Don Sergio - Con todo mi respeto y gratitud por todo lo que hizo por nuestra isla. You will b missed. Descanza en paz!

I dove with him a few years back. Did some fantastic dives and he also put one heck of a spread out during the surface interval. It was a highlight diving with him for sure.

Sad. Sergio was a sweetheart of a man, very interesting to converse with, and passionate about the sport. Sergio talked to me about diving with JYC and showed me a few of his inventions such as a camera case made from a scuba tank and lexan. I got a chuckle out of him when I pointed out his regulator was the only one on the boat older than my mine-had me beat by a decade and a half.

Agree with the above re the surface interval feeding.

RIP Sergio.

Edit with a link:
Sergio Sandoval: Co-Founder of FEMAS - Leyendas Internacionales del Buceo

Back
Top Bottom