Aquatica housing using Ikelite strobes with Canon Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting an Aquatica housing. I currently use Ikelite DS-161 strobes. Apparently, I can not get TTL using the Aquatica housing with the current strobes I have. I would only be able to use the strobes in manual mode. How hard is this to do? I primarily shoot Macro here in southern California. I would love to hear other people's advice and suggestions.

HI,

I use an Aquatica housing with a Canon T2i and Dual Nikonos SB105 strobes in manual, and mostly shoot macro, using dual strobes full power with a 60 or 100mm lens and closeup kit, noramlly 4-6" from subject I usually shoot f25-f32 1/200 or 1/250 ISO 100. using the 100mm by itself 12-18" away F16-F22.

It's not hard at all, if its to bright, higher F-stop, to dark, lower F-Stop, or move the strobes closer or farther, once you find the distance that works its easy.

Hope that helps.

no, it is not hard. You will learn quickly. You will simply place camera in a base setting, say ISO160 or 320, shutter at 1/125, f/16, strobes on half power or just above half power. Take a shot, check exposure, adjust. Eventually, you will get it right on the first shot more often than not. You will adjust the settings very quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom