Archaeological dive incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blend ... but verify!

DD, you have a HUGE point there. The point is not that one shouldn't analyze the tanks; the point is that you should analyze your buddies, too.

DD, you have a HUGE point there. The point is not that one shouldn't analyze the tanks; the point is that you should analyze your buddies, too.

Getting the wrong mix has killed a lot of divers and we should be careful about it.

If I were one of the divers trying to deal with this particular persnickety scientist, I would have just ripped the nitrox mix tape off the tank when he wasn't looking, told him we found an "air" tank in the back of the truck and went diving... :crafty:

I wonder if that is what really happened anyway :D

You had nitrox delivered to you in the field and you expected an analyzer to be delivered too?

I don't order nitrox unless I have my own analyzer on hand, and I test more than that too.

I would never go to sea without a smb, never have, and would not dive to that depth without a pony. Buddies are seldom trustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom